Chapter 33: Is this it?

A/N: So, this will be the second to the last chapter before the ending, yeah? Yeah. :) Here you go.

J I A

"What the fck was that, Michelle?"

"What?!''

"Are you trying to get yourself out of the team? Or worse, get yourself killed?"

"What do you think Ate Den? Huh. Maybe im better off that way. No pain, nada, nothing."

"Michelle! Are you insane? Look at you! You're so wasted. Are you high?"

"And what makes you think im not? Hahaha."

"Mich!"

"Oh ano, Jia? Papangaralan mo ako? Don't you even dare! Wala kang karapatan."

"Kathereen!"

"Just ---- I can't talk to her now Ly. Kausapin mo yan, Alyssa. Baka ano pa magawa ko diyan."

"Eh kahit sino naman ang kumausap sa akin wala naman maniniwala eh. I didn't do it for Pete's sake! What would i get if i'd do it huh?"

"Then, who do you think did it?"

"I don't know!"

"Where were you last night Mich?"

"I don't know Ate Ly. Must've been in a bar i think."

'You think?"

"I don't know Ate Den, okay?"

"You don't because you're drunk last night."

"I am not."

"Then, who did broke into the office then? Mich, you got the key remember?"

''What?"

"I gave you the key that afternoon cos coach told you to get the letter of approval in the office."

''What -- I didn't."

"Just..get yourself together okay? Sleep. You need rest."

''But didn't do it! Ate Ly ---"

''Sleep it off.''

"Dammit!"

From that day on, Mich didn't talk to anyone, her feelings got hurt because she didn't think her teammates would accuse her of something she wouldn't done. Every night Mich would go home either sober or drunk. Looking so wasted and miserable. Napapabayaan na niya yung pag aaral niya for all she cared was partying. Even she and her mom got issues. And Jia, didn't know what to do. She tried to talk to her. But Mich would either dodge her or if she'll face her, she'll just stare at her and walk away. She tried everyday. She vowed to herself that she wouldn't get tired of Mich but one day, Mich pushed her to her limits.

"Mich, stop it."

"Stop, what?"

"This. Please."

"Go away, Jia. I don't need you."

'Mich ---"

"Stop trying to be my knight in shining armor because you're not. Okay? You don't deserve that title. I am done with everything. With all you."

"No, you don't mean that ---"

"I have nothing now, Jia. Even my mom who i think would never leave me? Now, she's where? She went to States to do her business there even though she knows that her daughter has her problems. My studies is wrecked! And where were you? You did nothing when you saw me at my worst!"

''Mich, i did everything!"

"Yeah? You never did! I didn't saw you trying!"

"'I did what i think you needed but you didn't care Michelle! You didn't let me in!"

"And that's just it? After knowing that i wouldn't let you in, just like that? You'd gave up?"

"I didn't gave up Mich."

"Oh, you would. I know you would."

"But i didn't!"

"Did you really think i could do that? Go into that office and break everything?"

"W-what? N-no!"

"Huh. Wow, never thought that hurts a lot.

"Mich.."

"Stop it. Stop acting like you care."

"I care about you!"

"Well, yeah? Cos di ko maramdaman Ji. Sobrang sakit na eh, alam mo yun? Why do you keep on lying? All you ever did was lie!"

"I'm sorry ---"

"You're always saying sorry and im tired of. Im tired of forgiving you cos you'll always doing it again. Jia, do you still love me? Or did you really love me?"

"Of course  I do!"

"Well, fck it!"

------

The next day, 4am

I silently went out of our room and go straight to the door. I thought i was doing fine until Ate Ella saw me.

"Hey, why are you still up?"

"And why are you?"

"I got hungry. And why do you have a backpack?"

"Uh --"

"Are you leaving?"

"Ye..No?"

"You know you're never a good liar, right?"

"Well yeah, beat me."

"And where are you going?"

"To my dad's province. Im gonna spend my uh, weekend there. I'm.. I think it might be better if I just.. leave for a while?"

"Are you kidding? You know, stop being impulsive alright? Kids these days.. And why would you want to leave? For a while?"

"Well, I think Mich was right. I am never good for her. She may think i deserved her love, now I really don't. All I ever did was hurt her."

"Then, why lie?"

"The only reason i did all of that is because I am scared."

"Scared how?"

"Scared that I might lose her but then who am I kidding? I just did. Whenever im around her, she's in pain. She's the best thing that has happened to me, and I am not to her. I never was. So maybe, things will get better if i do this."

"By leaving without any explanations? You know, running away will not solve the problem."

"I know but i think, we need space. She needs space. I think that's what she need. Space from me. Getting away from me."

"Have you two talked? Like, talk "talk"?"

"I tried but she just won't let me in."

"She's just going through a lot. We just need to understand."

"Yeah. i know that's why i doing this."

"Well, okay. Hope things will get better and I know it all. Does Coach know about this?"

"Well yeah, I talked to him last night. And please ate Ells? Don't tell anyone where i'll be going?"

"Haaaay, okay. You take care okay?"

"I will. Please look out for her for a while?"

"Sure."