Chapter 20: Little Did They Know

T H I R D    P E R S O N

Mich has been avoiding Jia.

Jia has been avoiding Mich.

Both of them have reason of doing so.

As for Mich, she's only doing it for the sake of trying to keep her heart getting broken over and over everytime she sees Jia with Marck, even Bea, whom she knows, has a little crush on her bestfriend. She didn't bother to talk to Jia about it. She saw how her bestfriend is happy with her new-found friends. For her, Jia's happiness is all that matters.

On the other hand, Jia's taking her time away from Mich, because she thinks its her way of giving her bestfriend some space. For her, that's the only thing her bestfriend's aking from her. Time. Its her way of getting her bestfriend find her true happiness, as much as it crumples her heart, without her in it. As much as possible, she's been trying her very best to stay happy with the people around her, not showing them the truth. Not showing them how sad she is without her better half on her side.

Little did they know, unexplained feelings, unspoken truths, untold sides of the story has been playing them. Well, against them.

J I A

Why?

That question has been bugging me for weeks now.

Why is she avoiding me?

Why is she not talking to me?

What happened?

What is wrong with her? With me? With us?

Im hurt. Im mad with her for doing this but not as much as i hate myself.

I hate myself for realizing i love her, more than as my bestfriend, when its too late.

I hate myself because i may not be able to tell her that.

Too late, Jia. Too late.

Im out of her life. She's happy with her new one.

 She's happy being with El.

Flashback

"Uyy. Look at your bestfriend.." - Bea

"Ex bestfriend!" - Ana

"ANA!" - Bea

"He-he joke lang Ji.." - Ana

"Oh, ano na?" 

"Ngumingiti mag isa oh." - Jhoana

"Hayaan niyo na. Masaya eh."

"SIGE. KITA NALANG TAYO LATER SA LIB. LET'S PLAN THAT DATE." - Kim

"KIM! Langya kaaaa."

"HAHAHAHAHA" - Kim *sabay takbo dahil hinabol siya ni Mich*

Let's plan a date? They have a date?

Ouch.

M I C H

6:30PM

Im on my way to the restaurant to settle some things before El arrives at 7PM.

I have to make this a perfect, flawless date.

I checked the reserved table for us. The foods, drinks, background music.

Dapat walang papalya.

I can add this night on my A Night To Remember-list.

Its time for the unspoken feelings to come out. Madaming taon na ang nasayang for not telling it because of such reasons but it shouldn't get on the way. Not now. Not tonight.