Chapter 24: I Wouldn't Be

J        I        A

I woke up to the bittersweet scent of coffee beside my bed.

Without thinking twice, i know who it came from. Kinuha ko iyon agad and read the note:

"Hey sweety. I'll be out the whole morning. And i know, its a little odd or silly writing out my mushy feelings on a paper but well, i know you'll love it. Always remember that i do. Be back sooner. Love you.

And P.S. Enjoy the bubblebath."

Bubblebath? REALLY?

I immediately check the tub in the CR. 

Wow, its really a bubblebath.

There, comes a note.

"When I look at you, I know what it's like to completely comfortable and be loved around someone. Enjoy the bubblebath, gorgeous."

Aww, Mich. You really are something.

Natapos na ako maligo, and indeed, i enjoyed it.

I am checking out what to wear when i noticed a paper on a yellow shirt.

Well, its a "Jake" shirt, which was given by Mich.

"I love the way your shirt brings out the color of your eyes; it such a contrast."

I put on the shirt with a smile, then decided to go downstairs. But before i do,

"Eat your breakfast first. And then, please. Check out your email."

Of course, nagmadali akong kumain, muntik na ako ako mabilaukan.

"Hey sweety. Please meet me in our condo unit building. Right away, if you may. See you!"

What was she up to?

-        -        -        -        -

M        I        C        H

Fears. Well, i have lots of fears, who hasn't?

Fear of spiders, of the dark, of thunders and lightnings.

Afraid of deep water, of failures, of heights, of love.

But then, as people might say it, every equation has a formula. 

Every query has an answer.

Every problem has a solution.

Every complicated direction has its own direct way.

And in every fear and weakness, there is power and strength.

Yes, i am afraid of failure - afraid to disappoint my parents and the people around me, who were expecting me to do good. To do the right thing, always.

For once or twice, i became reluctant to love again after sufferring several heartbreaks. Well, one heartbreak, major heartbreak that nearly broke me to pieces.

Ah no, scratch that. It did broke me to pieces.

Tiny little pieces that, I, myself didn't thought na i could be whole again, na I could love again. I really didn't think someone would pick the broken pieces and mend it, put it all back together.

 Maybe, that's one reason why i didn't tell Jia my true feelings right away. Im afraid to be in agony, in misery. Afraid that the one who fixed my heart would be the reason why it would be broken again. Im not afraid to love, im afraid of not being loved back. But luckily, she did love me back. Hihi. And i couldn't be more thankful for that.