Chapter 28: And That's What Matters

J         I         A

"Hoy," Kim said as she tapped me on my shoulder while i am working on my assignment. Well, was.

"Ano?!"

"Sungit naman neto. Well, whatever! How long is this gonna go by the way?"

"The what?"

"The whole not-talking-to-each-other-kind of thing? Don't you think its been long enough?"

"I don't know. Walang na ata akong mukhang ihaharap sa kanya. Well, she didn't hear my side out but then, its my fault din naman kasi eh. I didn't told her what's been happening in the first place when i know i should've but who could blame? I'm..scared."

"Scared of what?"

"That she wouldn't understand --"

"What the hell, Jia. Wouldn't understand? Of all people, she'll --"

"Be the one who would understand me the most, i know! Don't make me feel guiltier than what I am right now. And i'm really sorry."

"Then, go! Say sorry!"

"I've tried Kim. For the past weeks but she keeps on dodging me."

"You can do it. You can even easily make a small space work why not this, right?"

"But i fucked it up. Big time!"

"So, what? You love her. She loves you back."

"I'm screwed --"

"I know and so does everybody. You can fix everything, you know. The Julia Morado i know could always fix everything. Anything. So, get the hell out of here and go get your shitty ass to wherever she is right now. Go find her and tell her everything. Talk to her. "

"You think she'll forgive me?"

"Of course, she will. You both love each other that much. Now, go. Fix this. Even though i hate it everytime you two are super clingy to one another. Make that talkative, talkative again. I never thought i'd said this. Urgh! Goodluck, Ji."

"Haha. Thanks, Kim. I owe you one!"

"Sure you do."

- - - - -

M I C H

After my 2pm class, i found myself just walking around the campus. No destination in mind, anywhere where my feet would take me. There and then, I saw Jia. She's looking around her after 3 seconds, like, she's looking for someone.

Who could be it?

Well yeah yeah, i know what you guys are thinking. I have this part of me assuming that i'm the one she's looking for.

Assuming a little doesn't hurt right?

But then, i don't know if i'm ready to face her, to talk to her. But i missed her that much. Its just that, i'm not that ready, i think. I don't know.

So, i tried to stay out of her sight, trying to take a step back to hide from her but who am I kidding? I know she'll see me the moment i'll take a single step on this particular ground that I am right now. 

Hell, my girlfriend's got an eye of an eagle.

There, she saw me. Eye to eye contact for a second there. Things got a little bit awkward. I saw the confusion and worry in her eyes, its like she's undecided whether she'll step back or step forward. I saw it in her eyes, and also the way she looks at me. Its like, she's telling me how much she misses me through it. Or maybe, its just a reflection of how my eyes looks at her.

Damn, yes. I missed this girl! Who wouldn't?

"H-hey..."

"Hey."

"So, um..ahh..can I..ahh.."

"Why are you nervous?"

"Ah, no..I, uh..I just --"

"Then, why are you stammering? Haha. Ok, now im not angry. Just mad. Well, was mad. Come on, we'll go to that tree over there. Ang init dito eh. Let's talk."

(Wait. This moment right now seems familiar, isn't it?)

"So?"

"I don't know how to say this so, i think i'll just say it. ImSorryForHurtingYouImSorryIfYouThinkYouDon'tDeserveMyTrustImSorryForMakingYouFeelThatWayImSorryForBeingAnIdiot --"

"Wait, what?"

"Huh?"

"Can you please slow down a little? If it makes you feel a little better, i'm not mad or angry at you right now so chill..."

"I love you and i'm sorry for being an idiot."

"You're sorry for loving me and for being an idiot?"

"Yes, no! NO and yes."

"Hm?"

"Im sorry for being an idiot. I should've known that you wouldn't turn your back on me even though i would. And i'm really, really sorry. I'm sorry.''

"Stop it now, its really annoying hearing that word for like, a hundred times now."

"Sorry."

I eyed her.

"I, uhm...ahh..hehe..yeah."

Then, she smiled awkwardly and i just wanted to hug her that moment and fuck yeah, i did!

Who could blame me? I missed her to bits. 

"Am i...forgiven?"

"Before that, Sbarro, yeah? Then, timezone after?"

"Yes, your majesty."

After 3 hours

We were on our way back to Ateneo for training when we come across this kid on the park.

"Mich, stop the car for a minute please."

"Huh?"

"Please..Thanks."

"There you go, kid! Share that to your siblings and friends alright? Bye!"

Guess what she did? She gave that poor kid the foods which were supposed to be our pasalubong sa teammates namin back sa dorm.

As she came back in my car..

"They'd understand. Haha."

"That's why."

"Huh?"

"In case you're wondering, that's why i love you. You're so busy being you, you have no idea how beautiful you are. Inside and out." [Hey there, TFIOS fans ;)]

"And I missed you. I promise, i would never ever doubt you. I might hug other people, laugh with them, hangout with them but none of them will ever come close to how I feel about you. I love you to bits, babe."

"And i love being in love with you, babe. I know, this is not the usual relationship or whatever, other people may find our relationship weird and shit but screw them, I love you. You and me. --"

"And that's what matters," we both said in unison.

Thanks to her.