Ch 14.June/16/2009

Valeria couldn't get herself to look at Stefano. She didn't want to believe that he was a murderer.

"Valeria." Stefano said desperately trying to get her attention. Valeria couldn't get herself to speak from the overwhelming fear as she continued to silently cry.

"Valeria look at me." Stefano said as he took one of his hands and gently turned her face back to him. She wanted to look away but Stefano's hand wouldn't allow it. She tried harder as his face got closer to hers.

"I would never hurt you. All of this was before I first met you and truly got to know you. I am not that person anymore. You have no idea how much you have done for me." Stefano said with a more serious tone to his voice. He looked at her for a moment before getting off her and sitting down facing away from her. A wave of sadness struck him. He knew that Valeria would never trust him again. He sighed.

"I am a monster Valeria. I had a thirst for blood. I wanted to use people as my canvas for my art. But as I got to know you, the monster started to retreat. You helped me fight it. I'm not strong enough to control the monster in me. Not alone. But what person in this world would want to help someone like me." Stefano said as he held back his tears. Valeria sat up against the wall looking at him.

"Wha-why didn't you tell me?" Valeria said as she tried to stop her tears. Stefano lowered his head and sighed in regret.

"I was scared. Scared that if you found out, then you would leave and I would turn back into the monster that I was. I don't want to be a monster Valeria. I will always have my vision, but I don't want to give the monster inside me the blood that it wants. That will only make it stronger to the point where it will consume me again." Stefano replied. Valeria looked at him still in fear, but also pity. Stefano knew that Valeria would turn him in. Have the authorities cage him up like the beast he is. He deserved it. He felt something roll down his cheek. He realized he was crying. His breath grew shaky no matter how hard he tried to control it. He then heard Valeria move. But she didn't move to call the police. Stefano felt her wrap her arms around him from behind and rest her head on his shoulder. He couldn't keep his tears back. He started crying as he held onto her arms.

"Don't leave me alone to face it. Please. Don't let it take me." Stefano begged.

"I won't leave you Stefano, I promise. Just promise me that you won't hurt anymore innocent people." Valeria replied quietly.

"I promise Valeria. I promise." Stefano said as he continued to cry. Valeria closed her eyes and broke into tears as she joined him in the ocean of distraught. People would call her insane and foolish for staying with a serial killer. She didn't care.