CH. 32April/18/2017

"You have ten minutes. Make it quick." The man said as Stefano stepped out of the car. He nodded his head and carefully opened the gate and walked into the graveyard. He took the same path he always used to get to the hill. He walked up the steps and saw the stone sitting next to the dead tree. The rose vine was full of roses making the tree look alive. He felt like he failed Riccardo. Her father worked so hard to help Valeria succeed in life. Her father sacrificed himself to save her so that she could do amazing things and dazzle every audience that witnesses her talents. Stefano sighed before walking towards the headstone. He stood at Valeria's grave with a white rose in his hand. He gently placed it on the headstone and took a deep breath.

"Valeria. When I first met you, at that quaint little coffee shop. I never thought that I would fall in love. Your art entranced me. Watching you dance on the stage inspired me. The monster inside of me wanted someone's flesh and blood to make my vision a reality. But you saved me. Your purity protected me from the monster inside myself. You showed me a new meaning of life. You were the only one that kept me from going mad." He looked away for a moment to regain his composure.

"I-I'm losing it Valeria. The monster is breaking out and I cannot control it. It's consuming me. I promised you that I wouldn't harm an innocent soul on this earth. I will keep that promise, but the monster in me wants blood. It will get it, but not here." Stefano said before he cleared his throat. He could barely get himself to look at Valeria's gravestone.

"Valeria, this is the last time I will see you here. I am going to a place they call Union. I will make my crimson art there. Your heart, the album, and the art I put you in as well as the philistines that stole your life, will be in there with me, to help me keep what little sanity I have left." Stefano said before he felt a knot in his throat. His breath suddenly grew shaky. It took all the strength he had to not cry.

"I miss you so much Valeria. If I had any power in this world, it would be to take your place. To take that wretched bullet so that you could live the life that you deserved. My soul can't be saved from the flames of hell. But as long as I can see you in the heavens above me, in all your beauty and glory, it will be worth every second of pain. Goodbye my love. My dear, sweet Valeria." Stefano said between breaths before he turned away and walked to the car. The two men stared at him through their black glasses. They opened the door and let Stefano in. He didn't speak, he only watched Valeria's stone fade into the distance one last time. There was no going back.