CH. 21July/28/2009

"Valeria, we're going to be late.   The limousine will be here in a few minutes." Stefano said through the door eagerly waiting for Valeria to come out of her room.

"Just a couple minutes.   You won't regret it." Valeria replied. Stefano sighed and looked at the box in his hand. He looked up as the door opened. He almost mistaken her for an angel.  She was wearing a slick long fitted black dress with a cut on one side that went up a little past her knee. The dress had a silver flower pin with emerald lining on the edges pinned on the opposite side above her hip. She had black heels and her hair was up in a perfect bun with an identical silver pin in her hair. Her earrings matched the pins on her hair and dress. Stefano was almost speechless.

"Do a little spin for me." He said as he twirled his finger. Valeria blushed as she did a slow and smooth spin for him. Stefano looked at her as if she needed to fix something.

"Does it look ok?" Valeria asked nervously. Stefano took out the box and opened it.

"I want you to have this.  It belonged to a friend, but it is yours now." He said as he carefully took out an emerald necklace and set the box aside before gently placing it around Valeria's neck. He then took a step back and smiled in satisfaction.

"It suits you very well mia cara. Emerald brings out the color of your eyes perfectly." He finished as they admired each other's attire. Valeria carefully fixed his collar and adjusted his tie before they heard the limousine arrive. They walked out and stepped into the limo. Stefano looked over at Valeria and saw her nervous face. He could tell that she was nervous about how she looked.

"Smile mia cara Valeria.      You look perfect." He said making her smile just as he expected.

The limousine eventually stopped in front of a large building. Valeria looked out the window to see a man approaching the door. She was confused and didn't know what to do.

"Stefano? What do I do now?" She asked nervously.

"When we step out, stand next to me on my left side. I will hold out my arm slightly and you will hold onto it as we walk down the carpet and up the steps into the building." He replied before the man opened the door. Stefano and Valeria stepped out and were met with flashing lights. Stefano held out his arm a little and Valeria held onto it like she was told.

"Valeria." Stefano said as he looked at her. She looked up at him nervously.

"Don't forget the most important part.  The one you are good at." Stefano said as he looked at her eyes.

"What is it?" Valeria asked quietly. Stefano grinned.

"Smile for the camera." Stefano finished. Valeria smiled at him before they started to walk down the carpet and into the building. Valeria groaned a little when they walked through the doors. 

"Those lights.      I could barely keep my eyes open without going blind." She said as she blinked several times. Stefano was lost in thought for a moment. He remembered going to the Galas with Emily. She would say the same thing. It was the only time during the Galas that Emily would talk to him.

"Stefano? Are you feeling alright?" A voice asked. He snapped out of it to see Valeria in front of him. He felt her hands on the sides of his face. There was a camera flash, but it didn't bother them. Stefano smiled as he gently lifted her chin up slightly.

"I'm feeling brilliant." He replied. The camera flashed again before Valeria grabbed his arm.

"These camera people are crazy. Where do we go for the Gala?" She asked. Stefano smiled before they walked away from the flashing lights and into a dim theater.