Chapter 36

I woke up in the middle of the night, around 2:30 am. I got out of bed carefully trying not to wake him up, I grabbed my phone off the charger, and walked out the bedroom door. I closed the door quietly and made my way into the living room. It was so dark I couldn't see anything. I felt a sharp pain on my shin, I whined in pain trying to stay quiet I swore under my breath. I continued walking to the door and walked outside sitting on the porch. I sat there on my phone for a little bit, then the door opened to reveal a tired Jacob. "What are you doing up?" I asked. "I couldn't sleep, then I heard you slam into the couch." He replied. He closed the door and sat on the step next to me. "So you never told me exactly why your here." Jacob said "Tanner and I broke up and I got in a fight with the other Tanner." I started to tear up so I buried my face in my hands. Jacob put his arm around me without saying anything. Soon he spoke in a soft voice. "Sam look at me please." I uncovered my face and looked at him. "You don't have to tell me anything just know your safe here."Jacob whispered. He placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled through my tears. I hugged him trying to hold back the tears. "Thank you." I whispered. We let go and sat in silence for about 5 minutes. I was getting tired so I stood up and said "I'm gonna try to get some sleep." Jacob stood up. "Same." He opened the door and we both walked inside. As we walked down the hall we stopped in-front of the guest room. "Goodnight" I said "Goodnight" Jacob replied and walked to his room. I smiled and opened the door to see Jake sitting on the bed. "Are you ok?" He said simply. "Yeah, why are you up?" I replied. "Your phone has been going off nonstop, you?" "Couldn't sleep, and I thought I put it on silent." I said and sat on the bed next to him. "You did it was vibrating the table." He said and handing it to me. "Oh I'm sorry." I said and tossed it in my bag without looking at the notifications. "It's fine but I think we should both go to sleep" I nodded and climbed under the covers. "Goodnight Jake" "Goodnight Sam".

-a.n. It's been awhile sorry