Dumb

The dumb one. That was what he was called, who he has known to be. Dumb. Replaceable was anotjer thing that came to mind.

A placeholder for whenever Keith wanted Red back. That was simple, and quite easy to know.

He loved Red, he really did. She was always warm.

But he loved Blue, so so much.. she had always been comforting, and cool. She had made him feel important, like back at the cave.

....

Voltron was skipping around now. The war was won but before the paladins could go and stay home, they went to every planet they saved for a day.

It would only take a few months, or up to a year, but Lance was so tired and homesick that didn't seem to matter.

....

They could finally be home now.

After a year and a half, they were allowed to go home, and stay home.

Their faces were all over the news, they were known by all...

Or, at least the smart ones were.

Lance was still the dumb one.

Most people were surprused to see him among the others. Thinking he just tagged along, asking who he was.

When told he was the red paladin, they usually said "no, thats keith kogane!" But, it was him, right?

Things spiraled. His name was acquainted on people's tounge, but not as well known as the others.

More than once he had seen an art piece for all the paladins where he was missing.

Yes, the others would kindly say that it was incorrect, he was a paladin, of red to! The right hand man! Sorta.. kinda...

His family was so proud, so so proud. They knew he was Red's paladin, and definitely not just because he flew there in her... right?

Currently all of them were at an award ceremony. For them. Lance just foumd himself counting the confused looks at him, and the people skipping over him in their speeches. This must be so degrading for Keith.

Multiple times Pidge was misgendered, that must be horrible.

Hunk was sometimes seen as to nice, which, how?

Shiro was seen as a paladin and had to kindly correct everybody.. must be a hassle.

Allura, Coran, and Romelle were given some odd looks, but they would be loved quickly.

Lance? He was the dumb one.

....

He was the dumb one. The place holder. Worthless replaceable, pathetic, weak link, horrible, unworthy of r-

Red burned in his mind to, at the very least, stall his train of thought. He cried as she purred to him.

....

At a particular ceremony afteroarty, his family came along. It was great to show them the others and let them know who he was with.

"Oh yeah! Lance? Psh he almost got us trapped in a killer game show one time!" He snapped back to the conversation at hand. Hunk..?

"Oh yeah? Sounds like my brother. 100% dumb. " Veronica.. your supposed to help?

"Oh! This one time he totally just let himself get hurt for no good reason! Dumb, right!?" Everybody laughed.