Mason

Darkness is usually a very welcoming thing. Warm, but not hot, and cool but not freezing.

When the darkness brings you into it's hold, you can't prove anything is anywhere. You can't prove it exists. You can't prove it.

To her, darkness was always calming. A friend, that she could cry for, and will always be here for her. 

So, when she met a creature of the darkness, no, she met the darkness. They had a slightly short figure, and had black wisps of smoke running off them at all times. They wore a t-shirt, coat, and yoga pants. Odd, but comforting.

She spoke with them, and they asked her to give them a name. She did. She called them Mason. A name she saw fit for boys and girls, both or neither. An unpopular opinion, but Mason was happy with their new name.

One day, she came to them, and spoke of a boy she'd met.

"You should come meet him, Mason!"

"But, I cannot leave the dark-"

"Nonsense! Let's go!"

Mason loved this girl, and did not fight back when she grabbed their arm and dragged them towards the light. Something that pained them to look at, it seemed like the exact opposite of them, and they always felt like it would hurt them, to touch it.

But.. just maybe, maybe..

Maybe they'd be alright.

The end of the darkness approached to quickly for Mason to comprehend, and before they could cry out, the girl pulled them out of the dark.

Rays of light bore down on their body of dark, and they screamed.

"HURTS HURTS HURTS NONONONONO STOPITSTOPIT HELP"

The girl looked back when Mason's knees buckled and they screamed. She saw them, light cutting holes through their body, and thick, black blood pooling beneath them. She stood, and watched in awe. Almost as if they weren't screaming as they were quite literally melting and being riped apart.

She watched as the finally succumbed to their insticts, and crawled into the dark, sobbing.

"why why why why why.. "

One word. Their jet black eyes, filled with tears of an unknowable substance, looked up, expecting to find comfort in the other's own two.

They found awe, wonder, and,

Disgust.

They watched the girl turn, and leave. They cried after her. Asked her to come back.

Why were they like this? Why could they not leave?

Why did they want her to come back? After she hurt them?

They sulked back to their meeting spot.

The next day, they heard the girl return, she sat in front of them and said, "Let us return to the light!"

They hid from the girl for two months after that. One day, they came out, and awaited the other's arrival.

She did not come.

That wouldn't stop them. They would wait until they saw her again. They didn't need to age. They didn't need food or water. They would wait.

And they did.

Mason sat, on the ground where they always met. And waited. And waited.

Mason did not have a family. Or friends other than the girl. Fuck, Mason didn't know the girl's name. Who's to say she didn't give a flying fuck about them?

Mason, for the first time, felt resentment against the girl. But that wasn't right, she had done nothing wrong! She hadn't known!

They choked it down, and waited.

....

My name is Mason, I am of the dark, I must await her return.

....

My name is Mason. I am of the dark, I must await her return.

....

My name is Mason. I am the dark. I must await her return.

....

My name is Mason I am the dark, I await her return.

....

I am the dark, I await her return.

....

I am the dark, she will return.

....

I am the dark, she will return.

....

I am the dark.

....

Dark.

....

Dark dark dark dark dark dark....

....

I am dark. I hate her. I harbour a name that shall remain, unused.

....

Mason is my name. I am the dark. She is nothing to me. Yet I wait.

....
Moss grew on a figure, whom never moved. The figure was slightly short, wore a t-shirt and coat with yoga pants.

The figure never saw anybody, and few ever saw the figure, for it never left the dark.

Rumour has it that once, the figure had a name. And it was in love. But it's love hurt it, and it hid.

Then it's love found another. And never returned to it.

They say the figure hates its love. And that is has a name, lost with time.

But no one knows.

People just know, that a girl came out of the dark one day and warned everybody of a beast inside, who bleeds in the light.

And no one went into the dark anymore.