Tell me a story?

Breathing is a chore, why do I do it?

To live

Because I need to live, oh, yes you are correct.

Why are you questioning again? Does it not get boring?

I can't say it does. What's your name again?

I never told you.

I know, I'm trying to get you to tell me.

Call me red. Blue. Just call me red.

Okay, can you tell me a story?

Why?

To distract me from the temptation to kill myself.

Yes, I can tell you a story Blue. It will not be happy though.

That's fine. Just any story will do. Sorry if I fall asleep.

That would be fine.

Okay, you can start. I'll be quiet.

One time, so long ago, there was a space prince. He was beautiful, but he had an older sister who everybody liked more.

She was smart, logical, kind, and understanding. He was flirty, loud, self sacrifical, and sensitive.  Remember this, it is important, Blue.

Okay Red.

The prince grew to understand his sister was more important than him. She was older, she would take the throne. But he believed he held some importance.

He didn't. Not to his parents at least.

He spent every day trying to impress them. He loved them, and wanted them to love him back.

He did everything. Taught himself how to build, became the best fighter with a bow, learned to control and manipulate magic.

But they were never proud?

Correct, Blue. You are very correct.

That sounds sad.

It was, but you must listen to hear the rest.

Oh, sorry Red.

It's quite alright, Blue.

Now, this happened everyday, every hour, every minute of his life.

He grew to be more independant than what a prince was supposed to be.

His parents never addressed him.

He loved his sister, but she stopped loving him at their mother's orders. She had to focus on becoming queen, not some spare living corpse.

He cried, and he was all alone. Until he met a witch.

Oh!

This witch, could give him anything. The witch had seen how his parents treated him, and they came to feel bad. So they would give him one thing.

Justice, redemption, honor is what the witch thought he would ask for. Like a normal prince.

But no, he asked for love and appreciation.

Yes, that was two things but the witch just smiled and told him that he is special, but even special boys must wait for their gift.

Makes sense.

It does.

So he did. He waited. And everyday he got lonelier, sadder, but everyday he learned how to act. He could be anything. Sympathetic, empathetic, strong, happy, angry, sad. Anything.