Chapter 4 - Aura of Mistelle

Already seated in the chapel at Fierdom was the Princess Aura and the Queen of Mistelle. Aura's father was killed in battle when Aura was just a year old, and as a result her mother had become stupidly overprotective. Aura wanted freedom, but the Queen wouldn't allow it. This was, in fact, the only time she had ventured outside the castle grounds. Most of the time she was stuck inside her tower room at her castle, and it got claustrophobic up there.

All her life Aura had dreamt of living a happy life like in the books she read all the time. She read stories of great romances and great adventures, of terrible tragedies and journeys across the oceans. She imagined what it'd be like to fall in love, properly, head-over-heals, completely entranced. She thought she's never know, but when the inviation from the King and Queen of Fierdom arrived she saw it as a massive opportunity. Maybe she'd meet someone, just maybe. There was a ball later, maybe when she was dancing he'd be in the corner, staring at her. He'd whisk her into a slow waltz, her long blonde hair flowing behind her he held her tight against his chest, then-

"Aura!"

Aura snapped to attention. "Yes Mother?"

"Stop looking so dazed, and sort out that tiara. No one will think to take you as a bride if you can't even sort yourself out."

"Yes Mother," Aura said sadly, her vast green eyes staring at her white muslin shoes.

Aura had been so busy daydreaming that she hadn't even noticed the other Eldest Heirs arrive. There was a Prince seated directly in front of her, with white-blonde hair and  bottle green military uniform. Aura tried to peer round to see his face, but no matter how much she fidgeted she couldn't see him. No matter, she told herself, he's bound to turn round soon...

"Your Royal Highnesses of Fierdom, Leauden, Erydon and Mistelle. The medallion ceremony is about to begin."