Chapter 6 - The Medallion Ceremony part 2

"Princess Enya of Fierdom"

Enya stood up confidently, and Laec's head went up like a shot. It was the girl from the window! Why did she turn away from him before?

Enya recieved her medallion and turned to see a pair of bright green eyes staring directly into hers. She inhaled a breath sharply as she remembered, he was the boy from the carriage. She was confused as to why he was looking at her like she was, beautiful, or something. She averted her gaze, though she found she did not want to. Immedietly she regretted it as soon as she stared ahead and walked directly to her seat. It's for the best, she told herself. You don't want a man in your life anyway. And besides, he probably wasn't looking at you. Get a grip.

"Prince Laec of Leaudon."

Enya found herself staring as Laec walked regally to the front, back straight and as he recieved his medallion, their eyes met again. For a split second, Enya was sure Laec smiled at her. She broke his gaze after just a second, but to her it felt like an hour. Though she had looked away, she felt Laec watching her as he walked back to his seat, looking slightly depressed. Why did she keep looking away? What was wrong? He'd ask her to dance at the ball tonight; she couldn't look away then.

The old man at the front spoke again.

"The Kingdom of Fierdom invites the Heirs to a banquet and a ball this evening in their honour."

The Anthem of the Land began to play on the piano-organ, and the Heirs all stood. They walked to the front of the chapel and they began to sing a line each:

"We stand as one."

"We breathe as one."

"We fight as one."

"We defend as one."

The Heirs sang the last line together as a symbol of unity.

"We are one. No one will take our Land."

They all walked out of the chapel, none daring to look at the other.