Chapter 5 - The Medallion Ceremony part 1

An old man began to speak from the front of the chapel.

"I am glad to welcome all of the Eldest Heirs here today," he began, "as today will be a momentous day in the history of this Land. Each Heir will be given a medallion. As long as he or she has that medallion on their person, the Land can never be harmed. So without further ado - Princess Aura of Mistelle. Forward if you please."

Aura stood up, her legs shaking. She walked to the old man, who hung the golden necklace round her slim neck. She turned round, and finally saw the face of the boy in the bottle green uniform with the white-blonde hair. His icy-blue eyes pierced her own as he gazed back at her.

It was all Aura could do to walk back to her seat, as she passed the boy he gave her the smallest wink. She smiled and sat down next to her mother.

"Wait until the ball tonight," murmured the Queen of Mistelle to her daughter, "we don't want you fraternizing with anyone yet, now do we?"

"No Mother."

"Prince Asher of Erydon."

It was the turn of the white haired boy. He walked forward courteously and received the medallion. He turned to face the congregation, and his eyes locked immediately upon Aura's. Aura's heart skipped a little and beat faster than it did normally when she was sitting down...

Asher walked to his seat, and again, he winked at the dumbstruck princess. This did no job in making her anymore reassured. She wondered what this odd feeling was, that made her heart jump and her breath quicken. She thought to herself for a minute, then asked herself:

Am I in love?