Chapter 20 - Find the words

The four swung the massive oak doors open with great grins on their faces. Laec yelled to the assorted congregation:

"Turns out we were wrong. Nori's not strong enough for our Enya."

Enya was smiling and smiling like she couldn't feel any happier. There were great gasps from the assorted mourners, then cheers and whoops quickly replaced them as Enya was lifted for the whole crowd to see.

"They do love you, you know, " Laec whispered to her, but before she could reply, King Fergus and Queen Elinor had made their way to their daughter.

"Enya?" Elinor whispered. "Is it really you?"

Enya looked puzzled and patted herself uo and down. Then she slapped herself in the head and snapped her fingers.

"Sorry! I'm the reincarnation of Queenn Guinevere, didn't mean to turn up here! Where's the 10th century please?"

But before she could joke around any more, she had been swooped into a hug so tight she could barely breathe.

"Always the joker," Elinor laughed as she cried from happiness and utter disbelief that Enya was back in her arms again. But without realising it Enya was being slightly suffocated in her parent's emabrace.

She gave Laec 'the look' from between her parent's arms and Laec smiled at her. Bu soon Enya leant into the hug too, her father kissing her forehead in disbelief that she really was back.

When eventually they broke apart to assorted cheers, Laec stepped forward into the light and smoothed himself down. This is it. He steadied himself. You cannot stuff this up now.

"King Fergus?"

"Yes my lad?" Fergus had to wipe away a tear of joy; his face lit up when he saw Laec. Somehow he seemed to know exactly what Laec was about to ask.

"I was wondering if you would give me permission for your, your daughter's hand in marriage."

The whole gathering gasped as they awaited Fergus' answer.

"Hmm," Fergus pondered, "you saved my daughter and you're the only man she's ever taken an intrest in. I think it should be fine."

He and Elinor smiled as Laec swooped Enya into his arms.

"It's official then, " Laec smiled as he held Enya above him. "We're together."

"And that means that I can do this," Enya said as Laec lowered her down into his arms. She pressed her lips against his, and that amazing feeling of two worlds colliding came swooping down on the pair of them again.

The whole group cheered and clapped as they smiled into their beautiful moment. They broke apart and Laec pulled her into his chest and smiled so much his mouth hurt.

"Speaking of which," Ash smirked, bending down and holding Aura's hand as she gasped in astonishment and amazement. "Aura, I think that you're beautiful. You always are, no matter what you wear or what you think of yourself. You are beautiful Aura."

"Mother always says -" she whispered before Ash cut her off.

"I don't care. I don't care what anyone else says about you. I, I love you Aura. Which is why I'm asking if you'll marry me." He produced a golden ring with a diamond embedded in the centre; he had obviously been preparing himself for this for a little while.

"Ash, YES!" Aura cried and flung her arms around his neck before Ash had really registered what was going on. He pulled her closer and then turned her head to kiss her.

She kissed him back happily and as Enya and Laec watched whilst grinning, the four of them felt like a bond had struck between them, even though their stories were not yet legend.

But, Enya thought as she watched Aura and Ash sharing their moment together, they soon will be.

A/N I'm sorry this is a slightly shorter chapter, I was really busy with school today! Hope you enjoyed it anyway :) I wrote most of it whilst listening to 'Summertime Sadness' by Lana Del Rey, I thought it suited Enya pretty well to be honest!

I will try and update more frequently now I've reached my 1K target, but this story doesn't have much left now! It's a little depressing really, I've loved writing this story.