Chapter 20

Florence's POV

I woke up on the Curtis' couch in what looked like one of Soda's shirts. The memory's of yesterday started flooding back. Getting jumped by socs, Randy trying to rape me and me telling Johnny I loved him. Shit! I told Johnny I loved him! He's probably going to think I'm a loser. I need to talk to him. I looked at the clock, it read 2:31. I stood up and put my shoes on. Hopefully Johnny is where I think he is or I'm screwed. I walked out of the door without making a sound and I was pretty proud of myself for it to. I started walking to the lot. The streets of Tulsa were real quiet this time in the morning. It was relaxing and calming in a way. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realise I was already at the lot. I looked around for Johnny and saw a lump lying on an old car seat. I walked over there and started shaking him. "Johnny, wake up." He just groaned. "Johnny, wake up. I need to talk to you." He lifted his head up and looked at me.

"What's wrong, Flo?" He sat up next to me.

"I just came to apologize for yesterday. You know telling you that I loved you and all. You probaby don't like me that way and it was stupid of me to say."

"No it wasn't 'cause I said it back. I like you a lot more then friends, Flo, I just didn't think you liked me back and I thought you just wanted to stay friends but when you told me that you loved me I felt my heart skip a beat. I never thought told you I liked you 'casue I would be embarrassed if you didn't like me back." He looked down and then back up at me. I grabbed the sides of his face and slowly leaned in. He leaned in to and our lips met somewhere in the middle. His lips were soft and I felt fireworks. Our lips moved in sync. We pulled away and he had the biggest smile on his face and even though it was dark I could tell he was blushing. I started smiling too and I felt my face heat up. "Florence, there's something I wanted to ask you since the day I met you, will you be my girl?" 

"I don't know, Johnny. After what happened with, Dally." I looked down. He lifted my chin up.

"I'm nothing like, Dally. I would never ever hurt you, no matter what happened." I smiled and he returned the smile. He leaned in and we started kissing again. I pulled away.

"In that case, I will be your girl, Johnny Cade. Come back to the Curtis' with me. I can't sleep knowing I left you by yourself out here."

"Fine, for you." He smiked at me and I playfully punched his arm. Walking back he interwined our fingers together and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I love Johnny Cade and he's finally my boyfriend. I started smiling to myself.

Johnny's POV

I can finally call Florence my girl. I will never treat Florence like Dally did, I love her to much. I squeezed her hand and she kissed me on the cheek. When we got back to the Curtis' we both climbed onto the couch and Florence nuzzled her face into my chest while I wrapped my arms around her and pulling her close to me. "I love you." 

"I love you too." She gave me a quick peck on the lips and we both went to sleep.