Safe and Sound

You've heard of Stay Alive Reprise, time to make it Jamilton with a beautiful yet sad ass song.

3rd POV

Thomas dashed through the town, panic rising within him.

He'll be fine, just fine. They only said he was in a fight, not that he was shot.

Thomas burst through the doors and looked at the doctor frantically. The doctor motioned towards a room and Thomas hastily walked inside.

There Alex lay, holding a bloodied hand to the gunshot wound he had. Thomas chocked back a sob and rushed to Alex's side.

"Thomas...you managed to come. I see you saw my letter..." Alex mumbled with a weak laugh and coughed. He knew his time would be up very soon.

"How could this happen..?" Thomas barely managed to get out but Alex instead held his cheeks.

"Thomas...you and I both know what will eventually happen. Do you wanna sing to make it better?" Alex asked with a small smile.

They had always sung together when the other was feeling down.

"The one we usually avoided?" Thomas whispered and Alex nodded.

"I remember tears streaming down when I said I'll never leave you here alone" Alex started, wiping tears away from Thomas' face.

"When all those shadows almost killed your light" Thomas followed along remembering when he had first met Alex when he was about to kill himself.

"I remember you said don't leave me here alone.." Alex continued on.
"But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight..." Thomas sobbed more.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound," They sang together and tears rolled down Alex's cheeks like a waterfall.

"Don't you dare look out your window darling, everything's on fire" Thomas sang and Alex couldn't help but smile when he said 'darling', a nickname he had for Alex.

"The war outside our door keeps raging on" Alex flinched, wars always resulted in death and he didn't expect to be in a soldier's shoes so soon.

Hold on to this lullaby even when the music's gone, gone" They sang together, not caring at the amount of tears they were shedding.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound," They slid into the melody together and hummed part of the song. Alex could feel his eyelids growing heavy.

"Just close your eyes, you'll be alright, come morning light, you'll be safe and sound..." Alex faded off as his eyes shut. Thomas froze.

"Come morning light..?" Thomas whispered, slightly pleading for Alex to response even though he knew Alex wouldn't. "I won't be safe and sound.." Thomas sobbed and hugged Alex's body. He quietly hummed the rest of the song the best he could. Alex would've wanted that.

The nurses didn't attempt to move Thomas away as he clung to his dead lover and sobbed.

Now, I just brought up some repressed memories writing this, but let's make it worse. Imagine Eliza and Alex singing this to Philip as Philip slowly died. J u s t  i m a g i n e