Don't Go Please

Me, writing fluff? Ha

Bold of you to assume I know how to do that well.

Until I learn how to write fluff, have angst

"What do you mean your leaving?!" Alex shouted, glaring at his boyfriend.

"You know damn well what I mean! I want to explore the world and go to college and all that fun stuff! I don't want to be stuck here in New York," Thomas hissed, crossing his arms.

"B-but what about us? How is that going to work out?" Alex stuttered, a wave of fear going through him. He didn't want Thomas to leave. He knew something bad was going to happen if he did.

"Well since you don't support my dreams we shouldn't be a thing!" Thomas shouted, looking as serious as ever.

"What! Of course I support your dreams and goals? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?!" Alex growled, stomping closer to Thomas.

"..." Thomas frowned and thought for a moment. Alex was practically reciting every terrible thing that could happen as he glared up at Thomas.

"If you support my dreams, you would stop being my boyfriend," Thomas whispered and Alex froze.

"W-what?" Alex asked, almost afraid to.

"You heard me. This whole relationship isn't going to work out, we can't keep arguing like this and I don't want to keep hurting you. I'll be gone by tomorrow okay?" Thomas spoke up.

"Wait nonono Thomas don't go," Alex gasped out but Thomas stepped away.

"It's for the best Alex, I'm sure you're just trying to guilt trip me into staying."

"Nono Thomas please don't go!" Alex tried to follow after Thomas but was pushed back. He fell to the floor, trying to choke back a sob.

"No! My decision is final, goodbye Alex," Thomas turned away and walked away, the sounds of Alex's sobs fading in the distance.

Alex, however, was having a full on panic attack. He kept remembering everyone he held so close to him and how they all died.

His mom? Sickness.
His brother? He doesn't even remember, James just disappeared and never came back.
His cousin? Suicide, Alex always blamed himself for it.
John? He was shot while they were being reckless.
Eliza? Stroke.
Philip? Got hit by a car when he was young.

You'd think Alex would be used to death by now but he wasn't. Nor would he ever be. Death isn't something he could take lightly and it was slowly eating away at his mental health.

"You're going to die soon, just like everyone else..." Alex choked out and kept sobbing.

Time skip to a week later~

Alex trudged around the now empty house. Thomas was nice enough to pay it off and leave a lot of stuff for Alex but that still didn't patch the void Alex had in his chest.

Alex became more of a phantom to his friends. While they came over everyday, they knew there wasn't much that could be done for such a broken man.

It was a Thursday, Alex was sitting on the couch staring at the wall. He couldn't even remember what he was thinking about. Everything became a daze and the only thing he could really remember was all the sad looks his friends shared around him.

He couldn't blame them. He knew just as well as them that he couldn't be fixed. Not now, not ever.

Oh wow skip to a month later~

Alex got out of bed and stretched. His friends convinced him to see a therapist. It helped only slightly and it taught Alex how to fake emotion pretty well.

He heard a knock on the door and sighed, putting a convincing "happy yet tired face".

He went to the door and opened it. There was no one there. Just a note on the door.

Alex took the note and glazed over it. "6:35pm" it read.

Alex shrugged and crumpled it up. He was somewhat aware of what was going to happen.

When 6:35pm came around, Alex wasn't surprised to see his phone ringing, the number of the nearby hospital written on the screen.

"I warned you, and you didn't listen," Alex muttered as he stared down at the phone in distaste, letting it ring until it stopped.

There went another person he cared about.