- t e n -

" Sit talking up all night, Saying things we haven't for a while, a while yeah, We're smiling but we're close to tears, Even after all these years, We just now got the feeling that we're meeting, For the first time. "
                                        - The Script
                                   ( For The First Time )

THIRD PERSON
[September 3rd 2020]

Killian was talking about the prior engagements that would need to go down before Killian would even begin to get his warriors in place to help with the touches up for Elijahs pack house that was going to be neighboring the Blue Moon Pack.

It was previously agreed that Elijah would allow his pack to neighbor his. The reason Elijah needed permission is because his pack house construction was beginning to cross over onto Killian's territory and without permission, that would serve as every reason for an Alpha to become furious. Werewolves were incredibly territorial and Killian was especially not the alpha wolf you wanted on your bad side.

Before meeting Finnick, Killian was the most violent and irrational person you'd ever meet. Cold and ruthless, he isolated himself from communicating socially unless it was about pack business. The only person who was able to tolerate him was Declan who made it his job to stay by Killian's side.

After meeting Finnick, Killian wasn't as ruthless and cold and he was more approachable. Though, he still hated people for the most part, Finnick managed to humanize Killian and soften him up. Something Declan was, on the low, content with.

Declan had known Killian since their youthful days when Killian was ten and Declan was nine. They didn't get along at all and the two were basically polar opposites. Killian was mostly caught in between fights for different reasons even when he was young while Declan was a player while growing up, a new girl always at his side. In this way, they grew up to be exactly the same except for when they met their respective mates that changed them entirely.

Declan, who was trained in the ability to snag anyone he wanted, lived a quite manwhore life. He was a player, the very definition of the man you keep away from your girl because there was a possibility they'd fall for him. Declan didn't flaunt it around that he was quite the catch, he allowed his features to do the job and it was noticeable how people would throw themselves at him.

Feelings? Something Declan didn't really give a damn about as long as he was getting what he wished for which, for the most part, was sex. Declan was far more sexual than he would admit to and it was safe to say that the man was not virgin, as if it wasn't clear enough before.

With his life style being like this, it was obvious that he didn't want a mate. He didn't want someone tying him down or telling him what to do. He didn't want someone to care about, or someone who would have his heart. He especially hated the idea of only having sex with one person his entire life because he enjoyed the variety of life. When he looked at the mates within his pack, he'd scrunch his nose in distaste knowing they were bound to each other for life with no way out.

That's why he didn't want a mate.

Or at least that's why he thought he didn't want a mate.

When his eyes caught Kai's that moment back in high school when they sat at that lunch table, he instantly knew that he was his mate. At first, his reaction was to ignore the feelings that blossomed within him because Kai was human and would sense an attraction to Declan but it possibly wouldn't be as strong as it would be with mates who were both werewolves but he was wrong. Just gazing at Kai had Declan feeling like he wanted Kai to himself, he was overwhelmed by his desire to hold Kai and shield him from anyone who dares to take what's his from him.