- f i v e -

" Please have mercy on me, Take it easy on my heart, Even though you don't mean to hurt me, You keep tearing me apart, Would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart, "
                                     -Shawn Mendes
                                     (Mercy)

KAI COACHMAN
[August 26th 2020]

"That's complete bullshit," Declan spits out, his tone laced with heavy venom.

I was still mute which didn't happen to me often because I usually had a lot of shit to say, I am Kai Coachman after all. I just couldn't fathom what she had said nor did it make any sense to me.

I wanted to brush what she said right over my shoulder and pass it off as her bullshitting because she had some type of crush on me but the look in her eyes told me otherwise. Her eyes were moist with the tears she allowed to stream down her face but her lips were curved into a defiant frown, her face screwed into an angry glare.

Aside from her outward appearance I could feel that she wasn't just pulling tricks out of her sleeves, or lack thereof, but she genuinely felt what she uttered about us being mates was true. Only thing was, I didn't think she was right around that.

Though, I am far from being a werewolf (if I could be any animal in this world I'd most likely be a fox; they're cool as fuck) I felt something with Declan as much as I try to dismiss it. Being with Declan gave me this euphoric feeling I couldn't feel with anyone. His touches were little shocks of electricity onto my skin, his eyes staring into mine held me there and made it hard for me to even look away.

With Bryn I didn't feel any of that. The extent to what I felt was a connection towards her but that seemed to be it.

"It isn't bullshit. Why are you so against me trying to claim my mate anyway?" Bryn furiously wiped the tears in her eyes.

"Because he isn't your mate, he's mine," Declan growled out possessively and embarrassingly, I shivered at the tone his voice took on.

I want to shove bricks into his mouth because he was making me feel weird and oddly turned on and all he was fucking doing was speaking!

"Why do you think I'm your mate anyways? My pull towards you is zero to nothing," I lied slightly.

There was a pull towards Bryn but it isn't in the way I had it with Declan and it was hardly there, it was a distant connection. I decided not to include that little part of it because I'd rather not piss Declan off...but then again, I can imagine it would be hot if he—bad Kai, no Kai, stop thinking that Kai.

"But I feel something towards you," Bryn urges, her voice growing soft.

"A small crush," Declan scoffs.

"It's more than that," Bryn shoots him a scowl before her eyes come to meet mine and her features soften instantly, "I don't know if it's possible for a human or even a werewolf to have two mates but I know what I feel, I know what my wolf feels."

"I was here first," Declan says childishly and I can't help but roll my eyes and chuckle a little.

"That's not fair," Bryn replies, her hands on her hips.

"What else is not fair is I'm not allowing you to lay a damn finger on Kai and that's that," Declan smirks easily at Bryn who narrows her eyes.

"You're being unreasonable," Bryn bites, "werewolves die without their mate, I could die."

"I'll come to your funeral," I smile kindly.

"I won't," Declan rolled his eyes.

"Are you guys fucking serious right now," Bryn raises her voice as she now casts her anger in my direction more specifically.