- t h i r t y -

"I wanna sleep next to you, But that's all I wanna do right now. And I wanna come home to you, But home is just a room full of my safest sounds. 'Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my three, A.M. shadow. I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone."
                                - Troye Sivan
                             ( Talk Me Down )

*** SEXUAL CONTENT ***

DECLAN STONE
[April 23rd, 2022]

"Sometimes I just fucking hate her," May says, running a hand through her now brunette hair.

I sighed, laying my chin onto the palm of my hand as I pretended that I was listening to her when really, I was waiting for everything to be set in place. May really believed that I was listening which was quite comical because she kept talking as if I was replying and showing interest in whatever the hell she was saying.

"Ailee just..." she trails off and I look at her because she caught my attention.

"I can't believe you're related to her," I tell her, scrunching my nose up, "and you look exactly like her."

"We're twins, I didn't choose this life," she slightly glares at me.

Instead of responding to her, I shrug and stand up because I'd been sitting down and pretending to talk to her for literally two hours now and I was getting heavily bored.

Chris enters the room and May immediately connects herself to him like a leech but I couldn't judge her because that's how it felt like with Kai. I hated being apart from him because his touch just did something to me and the sparks never dulled. It was the same breathless sensation over and over again that drove me crazy and had me craving every inch of him.

It was also that sparkling electricity that had me lusting after him repeatedly but I couldn't help myself. My mate was fine as fuck, before pregnancy and most definitely after pregnancy. He was perfect no matter what but I knew I had to claim him as mine in the most final way and I would do that today.

Chris gives May a peck on her lips, looking down at her like she was his world before he remembers that I'm in the room and he turns to look at me. I roll my eyes as he childishly sticks his tongue out at me, something May did to me. They were rubbing off on each other, both metaphorically and literally.

"The entire pack house has been cleared, the backyard has been set exactly the way you envisioned," Chris tells me, his arms wrapped around Mays waist.

"And Kai?" I ask, stuffing my hands into the back pocket of my jeans.

"He's with Finnick so mind link him when you're completely ready and he'll be brought down," Chris says and I nod.

"Thanks, not just to you but to everyone for making this possible," I smile at them.

May immediately smiles back while Chris rolls his eyes and gives me a playful punch on my shoulder.

"We're basically family, it's our job to do shit like this," Chris says and I chuckle but he continues and says, "I would enjoy fifty dollars though."

I punch him in the chest roughly and he groans, clutching onto the spot as he narrows his eyes at me. May laughs loudly at Chris's misfortune, something Kai would do, and she begins to walk away with Chris in her arms. They were a cute couple, I had to admit.

When they leave and I'm finally assured that everyone is gone, I walk into the bathroom where my tux is laid out for me. This was the most cheesy thing I'd done, I'm pretty sure this would potentially beat the birthday surprise that I did for Kai a few years back but I was anticipating his response. Of course, his response could be bad but I chose to think optimistically because if I didn't I'd chicken out of doing this and fuck up everything.