- t w e n t y s e v e n -

"You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear Voices singing, let's be jolly. Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Rockin' around the Christmas tree. Have a happy holiday, Everyone dancin' merrily In the new old-fashioned way. . . "
                                    - Brenda Lee
                 (Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree)

KAI COACHMAN
[December 25th, 2020]

"Guys I can help, really," I urge but almost immediately I hear a chorus of:

"No!" Coming from Vera, Declan, Killian, May, Marcus, Chris, Bryn, Zyah, Finnick, my mom, Elijah and Elliot. Basically everyone that played a role and was important in my life.

Everyone was frantically getting everything ready because it was fucking six pm and we hadn't gotten our Christmas shit together. The Christmas tree was littered with gifts that overflowed and spread around the entire living room space and there were still more gifts that weren't down here yet.

Vera was with my mom and they were in the kitchen cooking and going in and out of the kitchen and dining room, setting the table. Declan, Marcus and Killian were doing heavy lifting as they brought gifts into the living room because the gifts were hidden in order to keep Elliot believing that Santa existed. I so desperately wanted to tell him that Santa was a fake but I didn't want Elliot sad even though the boy was seventeen and still believed in Santa.

He was in a good mood these days and when I say good mood, I mean he was smiling. Of course he smiled before but this time his smile reached his eyes and they sparkled. It warmed my heart and it made me happy that he was coming to love himself more even if it was only a little because everyone deserved to be happy, except for Ailee, that bitch can die.

But speaking of Elliot, he and Elijah were making final touches on the Christmas tree. Elijah held Elliot and lifted him and I watched in awe at how Elliot put the star atop of the tree and somehow the tree looked so much more beautiful.

Bryn, Zyah and Blake were watching Kaylee and Jaylin.

Here's the tea; Bryn has not only one second chance mate but fucking two and the tastiest part was that it was Blake and Zyah. Elder Roxanne says she can choose one but that would mean rejecting the other so Bryn decided not to choose because she knew the pain of losing a mate.

Though, I can tell that Bryn feels something more and something stronger with Zyah so soon enough, she may choose her because when it comes to having two mates the feelings of attraction are either the same or there's one that you like more; in this case it's Zyah.

Blake can tell which is why, despite how much it hurts, she's pushing for Bryn to be with Zyah because she can see it in her eyes that the mate bond is stronger between the two.

Blake tried to slip away from Bryn and Zyah but Zyah wraps her arm around Blake's shoulder and prevents her from leaving. Shock shows on Blake's face but Zyah only smiles because that's how she was. She was friendly, caring and loving which meant that even though she knew the bond was stronger between her and Bryn, Zyah would always make sure Blake was included.

I wonder how that worked in the bedroom but with a blush coating my cheeks I decided not to dwell on it.

May and Chris were allegedly "helping with the hot chocolate," but I saw them making out and pretend they were putting marshmallows in the brown drink when people passed by. They were like horny teenagers but then again May was eighteen and Chris, much like Declan but not as bad, was sexual.

Finnick was with me, his ear was pressed up against my swollen belly as he listened to the kicks of the four little creatures inside me. I still couldn't fucking believe I wasn't having one, not two, but fucking four. I never imagined that I'd have four kids at once, it was truly just mind blowing to me.