Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

David was quick to throw on a shirt and a pair of jeans before descending down the stairs whilst still buttoning it up.

"What's up Max?"

"Why are you buttoning your shirt?"

"Well I just got home and wanted to change my clothes silly, but then you screamed and I came running. What'd you need buddy?"

"Are you a Wuncler? If so, then why  does make everyone not want to associate with me?"

David was afraid that this would happen, his uncle held so much power and sway over the community so of course they'd found out he was back in town with a family of his own.

"It's...complicated."

"Well uncomplicate it for the kid, I'd like to know as well."

Gwen descended down the stairs in a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top before standing next to Max. This was gonna be a doozy.

He led them both into the dining area and sat down at the head of their very large table, waiting for both of them to take their seats and listen.

"I suppose I should start with the fact that my brother and I are the product of an affair between a small town girl and...Cameron Campbell."

"You're his son?!"

"There's more of you?!"

"Yes and yes, but Mr. Campbell doesn't know that so let's just keep that between us. Anyway, yes he and my mother knocked boots and she became pregnant with twin boys. She told him and he offered to pay for an abortion but she refused, so he did what he always does. Ran. She didn't care though since she'd figured he would and already resolved herself to raising us alone."

"Shit..."

"Oh David, I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be, it was a good life until things got complicated..."

A child version of David sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. He looked at the time and found that it was very late in the night, but he was parched so he slipped out of bed and tip toed over to the door.

After opening it slowly he peeked out and made sure the cost was clear before exiting the room and heading towards the stairs.

He made his way down said stairs and stopped dead in his tracks when he say the kitchen illuminated by what he assumed was the light from the refrigerator.

"M-Mama? Danny?"

He crept closer and closer until his bare feet hit the linoleum. Was anyone there? Did someone just leave the fridge open?

When he was fully in the kitchen he stopped and let a horrified shriek. His mother was there in a pool of her own  blood with a pair of scissors buried in her chest.

Every fiber in body called for him to start running but he stayed perfectly still, petrified by the sight of the corpse of the one person he loved most in this world.

A bloody hand placed itself on his shoulder and pulled him into the embrace of someone with blood all over their clothing.

"It's okay Davy, I'll take care of you."

Present day David looked back and forth between Max and Gwen who were honestly in shock. How could David, the happiest, plucky man in the world, have such a horrible background?

"My mother's half brother ended up taking custody of us since Mr. Campbell didn't know about us. So I guess that makes me a quarter Wuncler or just an honorary one."