Insane

Gwen submerged herself in the steaming bathwater in an attempt to soothe her nerves and clear her mind. She couldn't believe that she'd actually been taken to a point of no return and actually gone through with her plan. Not that she was complaining. She'd done what she knew she had to but at the same time she couldn't help but feel sick to her stomach. She was pretty sure she'd murdered another human being and no matter how sick and cruel he was, it was still a deplorable act.

"P-PLEASE!! Have some mercy?!!"

"LIKE YOU HAD FOR MAX AND DAVID?!! DID YOU EVEN THINK OF HAVING MERCY FOR EITHER OF THEM?!!"

"I'M SORRY!! Y-YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO GO THIS FAR!!"

He'd begged, pleaded, reasoned, and lied to her in an attempt to get her to spare his pitiful fulfilled life, but she was having none of that. As the water rose to her nose she closed her eyes and visualized all the blood and the form of the sniveling man at her feet. It was in this moment that the weapon felt especially heavy in her hands. She'd never thought about using a gun, let alone use one but here she was with one in her tight grip.

She wanted to kill him. She needed to kill him. But...she wasn't a monster like he was, nor was he worth the effort. She'd seen the man he was and destroyed his larger than life ego and pride, and that was enough to keep her going for eons.

"Never...approach us again. We're done. David is out. Daniel is out. You'll never bother either of them again unless it's to make amends. Am? I? Clear?"

"Y-Yes?!"

"Not good enough."

With quick precision, she blew one of his frozen fingers off and made him scream out in agony.

"I S-SWEAR TO YOU ON MY LIFE, I WILL NEVER APPROACH YOU PEOPLE AGAIN!! I PROMISE!! P-PLEASE JUST DON'T KILL ME!!"

"You're pathetic..."

She lowered the weapon just as Garnet entered the room again. The fusion looked like she'd been to war and back but that wasn't an issue since they both knew who'd won. And now she was here, just waiting for David to come back with Max.

She knew it'd take some work, but she knew that if anybody could get through to him it'd be David. She just prayed that it wasn't too late.

After washing away the shame and doubt, she dried herself off and dressed herself in one of David's shirts and a pair of boy shorts. Now all that was left to do was to play the waiting game. God she hated this fuckin game. Thank God it wasn't one she had to play for long, because the moment she took out her phone to send her beloved a text, the door front door opened and the house was immediately filled with hysterical crying.

She raced down the stairs and caught David and Max while the latter continued to wail as he struggled in the former's grasp. Not wanting David to accidentally drop him, she rushed over and grabbed onto the boy only for him to scream out even louder.

"What the hell is wrong with him?!"

"I-I don't know!! He's just been screaming ever since we rescued him!!"

"Max?! Max baby, I need to calm down for me!! You're gonna make yourself sick!!"

But Max wasn't listening. He just continued to lose his mind and wail, and wail, and wail, and WAIL!! Enough was e-fucking-nough for David; who'd had to drive with this the entire time.

"MAX, WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ABOUT FIVE MINUTES?!! YOU'RE SAFE SO WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE SUCH A BELLIGERENT LITTLE SH-"