Owee

"You bitch you hurt me
And now I can never forgive you
You bitch, you bitch
You hurt me"

A small lump under a heap of blankets began to move around as the alarm clock sounded off. Voltaire was definitely the way to start a morning. A caramel skinned hand moved from under the blankets and shut off the device as a muffled yawn could heard.

Max sat up and smacked his lips as he glanced at the time and groaned. Why he hadn't thought to turn off his alarm for the holiday no one knew, but this only meant that he could gorge himself on leftovers way earlier than he'd expected.

Gwen may have been all kinds of a bitch but DAMN, the bitch could really cook. Turkey, roasted yams, dressing, glazed ham, dinner rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade vegetable medley. All those things were making his mouth water and his stomach churn. Oh shit.

He bolted out of his bed and immediately headed toward his bathroom to relieve himself before an accident occurred. Back when he was a toddler his parents hadn't really potty trained him so whenever he messed himself he'd get hit. Eventually he grasped the concept of using a toilet but wiping was definitely something that came later on in life.

But he didn't have to worry about any of that now, his new...family would love and care for him even if he made mistakes like that. It was weird how kindness and love were starting to feel normal to him.

While he laughed and finished up, David poured himself a cup of coffee and leaned on the counter whilst taking the first sip. For the first time in awhile he finally felt at peace and he was going to enjoy every moment of it.

The soft pitter patter of a small feet roused him out of his happy state and placed him in an even happier one. Max grabbed hold of the coffee pot and poured himself a mug while making awkward eye contact with David.

"Uh...something wrong?"

"No no, I'm just glad to see you here."

"We've been back for awhile, time to get over it Camp Man."

"No can do!"

"Urgh...I forgot you were a morning person."

He took a sip of his drink and looked away to hide the small smile that'd crept its way onto his face. But you couldn't really hide anything from someone like David, and the moment he saw it he scooped the boy into his arms and placed him on his shoulders.

Of course Max complained but they both knew that he was totally fine with everything and enjoyed being on the man's shoulders more than anything. Without any hesitation he placed his hands on the man's head and laid his head down on his soft hair.

David carried the boy outside and stood on the deck while surveying the backyard. Of course it was large and had a pool like all the other estates, but there was also a large tree back there that was perfect for a treehouse.

"That tree's fuckin huge."

"Great minds must think alike because I was just thinking about how cool it'd be to make you a treehouse back here."

"Oh...y-you don't have to do that."

David pulled the boy off his shoulders and placed him on his hip. It was times like this that he was glad Max was small for an eleven year old. He lightly grabbed the boy's chin and made him look up at him.

"Do you want a treehouse?"

"I mean...I...uh...I don't really nee-"

"Max. Do you? Want? A treehouse?"