10

2 weeks, 2 fucking weeks and nobody knows if he's gonna make it, everyday I sat in that room and waited to see if he would wake up, everyday I would tell him something, always something different, my eyes have been so puffy from crying it's unbelievable, I stood up and walked away from the room that I wasn't able to leave for 2 weeks and now I finally had.

I walked out of the hospital to the place we first kissed way way before me and Jay were together, I remember it was June, me and him went to the park because that's what we normally did and then when I moved we didn't talk as much as we used to, I remember it being a sunny day and while we were on the swings talking about everything after a while it started raining so we looked at eachother and laughed, I don't remember why but we just did, we then stood up and started running around like idiots and then at one point I felt Mason grabbing my shirt and pulling me into him and kissed me, at first I backed away but then i kissed him, and that was about 4 years ago, so basically 3 years before dating Jay. I stayed there for a few hours and then I started walking back to the hospital.

When the elevator door opened I didn't notice who was in the elevator and I don't think they noticed and I pressed number 5 after a while since I was in the corner I looked over to see who it was having a heated make out with a girl in a elevator, I hate it when people do that to be honest, as I saw who it was he looked back at me with his eyes wide, then the elevator door opened and I quickly escaped that situation, it was Jay kissing another girl I don't care what he does anymore cus we're not together anymore but of all people seeing kiss a girl I didn't want it to be him at all. As I went into Mason's room I saw that the doctors were doing something I quickly said "what are you doing?" And they said "miss you have to get out of here, we're having a surgery right now, please go outside miss" I didn't say anything, walked out and closed the door, I waited outside of the room for a few hours until a nurse came out and said "I'm sorry, we couldn't do anything to save him, we're really sorry miss" I looked at her in terror and said "no no no no no please, no please he no.." and then I ran in his room to see him, to see his face one last time I ran to him and kissed him on the lips while our foreheads were touching "no, please Mason, please don't do this, please you can do this, I know you can please please" at this point I was in tears, it was becoming more and more harder to breath and I stumbled backwards onto the wall falling on the floor after a while the guys came in to see him, I was still on the floor with my knees against my chest while rocking back and forwards.

I guessed Cam must have seen me cause he sat down next to me while saying "hey, shhh don't be like this, Mason would want you to be happy right now not sad" I then stood up and said accidentally shouting "this is all my fucking fault" and ran out.

I sprinted out of the room, out of the hospital, when I got out I stopped and breathed in the fresh air, it was a breezy night which I liked. While walking I gave up, I just gave up walking i found a bench and sat on it after a while it started lightly raining but it didn't matter because my face was already wet with tears and my shirt was a bit dump from all the tear drops.

I-i- couldn't, I just couldn't go back but I needed to, I needed to say one last goodbye but just not yet, I stood up from the bench and started walking it was becoming harder and harder to see because my eyes were really blurry and it was still raining but now it was stronger, I was able to walk to the place where I lost him and it was all my fault, I sat in his exact spot and stayed there, I was still crying, I was drenched, it was muddy where i sat but I don't care I just needed to be here.

I went to check my phone to see my phone with loads of messages asking where I was, I didn't answer my phone instead I threw my phone in anger while shouting "I'm sorry Mason, it's all my fucking fault".

I woke up by sunrise I was still a bit wet and I was stinking, I was still in the same spot I didn't even want to move one inch, I couldn't, I just didn't want to but then I heard my phone ringing I looked around where it was and after a while I found it, so I stood up picked up my phone to see who was calling me. Cam was calling me but I didn't answer so I put my phone on silence and put it in my pocket. I started walking around to find the baseball bat I stared at it for a few minutes and I then picked it up and started hitting it on the ground out of anger. After 20-30mins I stopped dropped the bat and I walked to my friend's apartment, when I knocked I waited for a bit and I thought she wasn't in so while I was walking away she opened the door and said "y/n hey, sorry I had to finish something but what's up" when I turned around I guess she must have saw that I was a mess because she ran over to me and hugged me while saying "no please come on in, let's talk about it" as we were to walk in her apartment a boy came out with his hoodie up, I recognized that hoodie so I quickly ran up to him and pulled his hood to reveal it to be Jay. He looked at me and said "I'm sorry". I don't care we're not dating anymore and he can do whatever but for one of my best friend and him to do it just made me mad. I then realized that the girl he was kissing in the elevator was her.

I didn't care so I went over to her and said "I'm going back to the hospital cya" she then said "no please stay, you don't look alright" I then passed her giving her a hit with my shoulder by mistake and walking away. I was upset I really was not because of what just happened, well just a tiny bit but mostly because Mason is dead and its all my fucking fault I better go and say goodbye one last time, I need to talk to him one last time.
______________________________________Oof, you're gonna hate me for leaving you on a cliff hang like that, but I hope your enjoying my book