Prolouge

"Have you ever thought that maybe it's just them?"

The way that he said it was what caught my attention. I didn't really say anything back. Instead I just stared at him, an eyebrow raised in question.

"Face it, Beatrice." He says, stepping closer to me. "Maybe, it's not them."
I found my voice to speak out. "W-what do you mean?"

I was almost afraid to ask the question. His answering smirk made my blood run cold, which was a little surprising. For some reason, this wasn't the behavior that I had always gotten from him. He walks nearer, crossing the room, and then standing in front of me.

I gasped when he took my waist, pulling me closer.

"You and I both know, Beatrice." He says. "How long will you deny this."
"Deny what?"

He raises a hand, two fingers catching my chin and forcing me to look into his eyes. Dark obsidian ones which seemed to suck me into them, and I for some reason, I don't look away.

"They aren't really the problem, Babe." He says, making the hair on my neck stand up.
"They're not?" I ask, all courage escaping me.
"No, Beatrice." He says. "They aren't the problem. They will never be."

A sinister smile painted along his lips while I stare at his eyes. His voice was almost ringing in my ear.

"Because that'll always be you."