Tenth

Hello Shasha. I hope you still read this. 

----

I braced myself for Mom's lectures once I got home.

But what I didn't really expect was to find my Dad sitting with them, chatting happily with the guests for the night.

"Of course, I remember Beatrice used to do that before." Natatawang sabi ni Daddy as I quietly walk through the hallway. "She used to cling on my neck and then say na inaaway siya ng Ate niya."
"Well, quite understandable for a little girl, Sir. But of course, we all went through being kids."

I freeze as I hear the other voice. What was he doing here?

They were all seated there, like they're having fun. I continued to walk ony to find my parents on the sitting room with the guests. And there were 6 people by the room.

"Ayan na pala si Beatrice."

They all looked at my direction once Mom spoke and I politely smile.

:"Hello Tito Ken. Tita Jodi." I greet them with a kiss in the cheek both. "Good evening po. Dad, Mom." I kiss their cheeks as well.
"Hija." Sabin i Dad. "Bakit ngayon ka lang?"
"We got caught up in discussing something." I tell him truthfully. "Sorry I'm late. We didn't realize the time."
"You've had dinner?"

I had a coke float and a Salted Caramel Frappuccino. I'm already full.

Tumango ako. "Yes, Mom."

Tinignan ako sandal ni Mommy and then she decides to pass up whatever issue she had at me at the moment. I breathed an inner sigh of relief.

"We're discussing about the orphanage project honey." She says.
"But we were waiting for you." Dad amends. "Andrew was just entertaining us with some stories about his adventures with his cousins."

I looked at Andrew, who sat beside Andrei.

It was weird, since he was the one who was na nakikipagkwentuhan kay Dad. And both of them were laughing.

Just color me surprised.

Andrew raises an eyebrow at me, and I give him a small polite smile despite the fact that I'm still slightly pissed off with how he's treating each other lately.

I have breathe deeply to stop blood from flooding my cheeks.

"Good evening, Keith." I tell him.
"Finish prom planning?" He asks casually.

Prom planning? OH MY GOSH. I have to call the org. I hadn't realized hindi pa namin natatapos ang discussion for that.

I shrugged. "Discussion is not over yet." I answer. "And hello, Andrei."
Andrei gives me a small smile. "Courtney."
"You all have to excuse me, I think I'll go change first."

And I went to the stairs, climbing up and wanting nothing more but to sleep away the night. I seriously didn't want to go backdown the sitting room. I just wanted to curl up in bed, sleep off all the exhaustion I accumulated the whole day.

I just feel so tired.

But of course, I was raised to be respectful and I needed to go and face the visitors. No matter how embarrassing or humiliating it was.

I quickly get changed and then walk to join all of them at the sitting room where they were still having a nice chat.

"I'm considering of taking up Business Administration as well, but I'm currently taking up tests with Civil Engineering since I'm taking up STEM curriculum." I hear Andrew say. "I'm just hoping I get to good schools."