Fourtieth

Hi itsmeenriqua! This one is for you.

---

I already had an inkling that it was really one of those fancy Alcantara parties once I crossed the threshold of Franco's. I haven't even entered the official area yet, but it was just the case.

Magarbo rin naman kung magpaparty ang mga Vergara, but there was something in the atmosphere that said it was an Alcantara who planned it. Something in it's touch that told you it's simply theirs.

Or maybe it was the atmosphere of the place.

"Welcome to Franco's, Ma'am." Bati sa akin ng doorman.
I smiled at him. "Thank you, Sir. This is the venue of the engagement party, am I right?"
Tumango ito. "Yes, Ma'am. Proceed nalang po sa may garden area."
"Thank you so much." I said, pulling up my skirt so I can walk properly.

Kakahatid lang sa akin ni Kuya Anton at the venue where the engagement party was supposed to happen. I was a little late, I'm afraid. Fifteen minutes to be exact. I just couldn't decide what to wear really. It was a summer fling but I was having a hard time deciding what I should be wearing.

In the end, I opted for a black sleeveless boho casual loose dress that had floral prints on it. The neckline was a bit low, but it covered my boobs but still showed an ample amount to be sexy. The main attraction wasn't that though, it was the back, where the dress was banded to me by crisscross straps, which accentuated my figure.

That along with some chunky heels, an envelope bag, and my wavy hair down, I still looked decent enough to represent my while family tonight. After all, I was still Beatrice Singson.

Ate Cathy was much better in this than I am.

I smiled habang pumasok sa garden area and I was greeted by a party already on the move. I was right about the Alcantara vibe: some high tables, candle lights. There were round tables too, as I expected as the event extends hanggang dinner time.

There were people from the business end of the Alcantara guestlist and by the looks of it, there were some from the Vergara family as well. May mga nakakasalubong akong kakilala ko na, and I smile politely at them, taking an offered glass of fruit punch by a waiter who passed by. I stationed myself sa tapag ng isang high table, bringing my phone out of my clutch.

Jacob Isaac

Hey, I'm already in Franco's where the eff are you?

I hit send. And I spot Kuya Rob and Ate Katie walking along, smiling habang nakatingin sila sa isa't isa, looking as happy as any engaged couple can be.

I could see how happy they were, Kuya Rob's hand curled around Ate Kate's waist possessively as he leaned down sa tenga ni Ate Kate, whispering something with a smile. Ate seemed really happy, and there's this happy glow that was present in her demeanor as she slapped Kuya Rob's hand.

I had to smile. Maybe it's the universe finally taking everything into consideration and snapping it all into place.

Saktong papadaan ang dalawa sa pwesto ko, and I was about to say something and greet them, until there was one that said something even before I could.

"Congratulations, Ate Kate. Kuya Rob."

Kahit ako napatingin kay Keith who was by some way nasa likod ko. He was dressed in beige pants, a white v-neck plain shirt under a black blazer. He had a casual, yet formal look along with beige cool cut sneakers. Ang hot niyang tignan dun, lalong lalo na sa orange na light na tumatama sa kanya due to the sunset.