Chapter 16 - Rescue

*Nathan's p.o.v*

Tom jumped into the driver’s seat while I took the passenger seat, I pulled out Ellie’s phone there was an anon text with a video attached.

‘I take it you’ve realised that I have your little girl, the longer you take to give me what I want the more she will get hurt.’

I clicked on the video it was Lil she was crying and she had bruises on her arms and face.

‘Mumma, Daddy help me.’ She cried as she curled into a ball.

‘Don’t worry, I’m coming to get you.’ I whispered. I was angry and sad that someone would do that to my little girl.

I text back the number.

‘Where shall I meet you?’

The reply was instant.

‘The local park.’

Right time to get the other lads.

*

We stood behind trees in the park.

I ran over the plan one more time with the guys.

‘Are you sure this will work?’ Siva asked.

‘I hope it will.’ I replied.

‘He’s there.’ Jay whispered as a man walked up the path with Lillie in tow, he shoved her over to hide in bushes.

‘Go, go go.’ I ushered the three of them.

I watched from behind trees as Tom, Max and Siva walked Max’s dog towards the man. As soon as they were close enough Tom started talking to his dad.

I took that as my cue as Jay and I slowly made our way through the trees and bushes towards Lillie.

‘Daddy, Jay’ Lillie sobbed as we reached her.

‘Shhh, it’ll be okay.’ I assured her as I cuddled her bruised little body into my chest. I kissed her head as I made my way to the end of the tree line Jay following me close behind.

I took my chance and ran across the field going in the direction of my house.

‘Everyone run!’ Jay shouted to the others.

Who were soon running in the same direction as us.

It was all going to plan that was until the sound of a gunshot filled the air. I couldn’t turn to see what had happened I couldn’t stop I had to get Lillie safe, I continued running till I got to my house and flung open the door running inside Lillie still held against my chest tightly. My breathing was heavy, my head was thumping.

Kelsey and El ran to the hallway at the sound of the door.

‘Nathan!’ Ellie screamed running to me, taking Lillie from my arms.

My vision went blurry as I fell to the floor.