chapter 7

Venice's POV

"What have I done? I've made a promise I can't keep. I was just in the heat of the moment!" I said as I paced back and forth in Callie's room. Callie was in her closet putting her graduation dress on to show me.

"You two are mates, Vinice. Fate has something planned for you. You just have to be patient." She said. I plopped down on her pink bed and sighed as I stared at the ground. What am I going to do?

"Ready!" Callie squealed. I looked up and my breath caught in my throat. I stood up and my hand covered my mouth. She looks so beautiful!

Callie was posing in the door way of her closet. She had on a pail pink floor length dress with nude heels. The dress was strapless and molded to her perfectly.

"My god, Callie. You look stunning!" I said as I felt the fabric of the dress. She smiled at me as she spun around a couple of times.

"Thanks! We need to find you one!" She said. I nodded. I hadnt been shopping for a dress to wear yet.

After Callie was done modeling, we went for a walk around the territory. We were enjoying ourselves when Xavier showed up.

"Hey, Venice. I need to ask you something." He said nervously. I nearly laughed in his face. Imagine a grown six foot man with muscles the size of my face, nervous. It's a pretty funny sight.

Callie pushed my arm a little and gave me an encouraging smile. I looked up at Xavier.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Go on a date with me tonight. Nothing big and fancy. Just a movie." Xavier asked. I began to shake my head no but Callie had other plans.

"Of course she'll go! She's got nothing better to do!" She said as she took my arm.

"Good. I will pick you up at seven." Xavier said as Callie began to pull me back to the house. When we were inside, I swatted her hand away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? I can't go on a date with him! I have to-" Callie cut me off.

"Shut up for once, Venice! What did I tell you about fate? I want to see you happy for once! I want to see you smile again! If being with Xavier is what will bring my Vinny back, then so be it." Callie said. I stared at her in shock. She had never spoke to me like that, or called me by my nickname since the day I left!

"Okay. I will go on the date." I said. Callie smiled. "Good. Let's get you ready! And please try to enjoy yourself!" She said. I nodded my head. Try for Callie.

She pushed me up stairs and made me shower. After I got out I had an outfit laying on the bed.

"I'm not wearing that." I said as I looked at the clothes. "Come on! It's all black like you like it! Just for me..." She whined. I sighed in defeat. Try something new, Venice.

"Get out so I can get dressed." Callie squealed in excitement and left. I picked up the black dress shirt. The chest hung low and showed off a lot of cleavage. It had sleeves and white writing on the front that read 'My society is different from yours' I liked that part of it. It was so true.

I put it on and then slipped the black leggings on and then the six inch black 'fuck me' heels, as Kate would call them.

I left my wavy hair down, letting it cascade down my back. I looked in Callie's body length mirror and had to do a double take at who I was looking at. I looked hot before, but now I was smoking! My legs looked amazing with the heels. The shirt really made my chest pop!

I made my way down stairs were my mom and dad were sitting in the living room with Callie. Both my mom and Callie squealed in excitement as they examined me. My dad just smiled.

"How am I supposed to hide weapons in these heels?" I asked. My mom just rolled her eyes.

"You're going on a date, sweetheart. Not on a mission." She said. Then I did something unexpected. I laughed at her joke and smiled. Everyone stopped doing what they were doing and looked at me. Instantly my mother went up in tears of joy while my sister and dad smiled brightly at me.

There was knock on the door and I hugged them all good bye. Do this for yourself for once, Venice. Be happy.

I walked out onto the porch. Xavier was dressed in black jeans and a long sleeve Grey shirt. He had black roses in his hands. I looked up at him and smiled a genuine smile. He gasped as he looked at me. He looked me up and down. I did the same with him. Holy damn, he looks so good!

"You look amazing when you smile." He said. I felt my cheeks began to redden again. He just smiled and took my hand. He led me to a red truck and helped me into it.

We made small talk on our way to the movies. I had no clue what we were going to watch.

"Favorite color?" He questioned. "Duh, black." I said nonchalantly. "Same." He said. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while.

"I'm sorry." He said after a while. I turned and looked at him. He had a distant look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything. I've missed you so much. After you left, I felt like nothing else mattered. All I did was take care of the pack and sometimes that was hard. I knew you weren't dead. I could only wait for you to come back. I sent warriors out to find you, but it was like you just disappeared. I hated myself. I still do. I don't feel like I will ever be enough to make this up to you." He said. Regret was thick in his voice.

"It's okay." I said with as much feeling as I could muster. I had no clue...

"Don't cry. I'm sorry, baby." He said. I looked up at him confused as my heart skipped a beat at what he called me. That's when I felt the wet trail go down my cheek. I wiped it away. I haven't cried in years...

Xavier had one hand resting on the steering wheel. The other resting on the console. I reached my hand over and intertwined our fingers. Tingles shot threw me and I shivered as Xavier began to smooth small circles over my knuckles.

He picked my hand up and pressed the back of it to his lips. He planted a soft kiss on my hand. I felt the heat of his lips still on my hand after he set it down. My cheeks were hot again...

When we got to the movies, we walked in while holding hands. It felt so right for us to touch... I had never felt this before, and I liked it.