chapter 19

ok. just to be nice, here you all go! short but informative! write more soon!

Kate's POV

"I don't like him." I said as I began to put my clothes away. Jackson, my right hand man was giving me a status report on the council and how long it would be until they showed for Venice's trial.

"Well, you sort of don't have a say in the matter. They're mates. They're inseparable now." He said. I paused at the opening of the closet and sighed. Why did this have to be so much for me?

"Why don't you just tell Venice the truth?" Jackson asked from behind me. I cringed.

"You knew this would happen, but you procrastinated and now we're in this mess."

"I know! I shouldn't have waited so long... but do you have any idea how hard this is for me? I'm a black blood for god sakes! I shouldn't be scared of anything, but I'm terrified of the truth!" I seethed as I threw my clothes into the closet, not even thinking about putting them away properly.

"Try to talk to her alone." I nearly lost my cool.

"Alone? She never leaves Xavier's side!" I yelled out. Jackson cringed.

"I'll have to do something sooner or later..." I sat down on my bed and sighed. I can't lose Venice! She means the world to me. I had to give her up once and I don't entend to do it again.

"Get some sleep. We have a lot of explaining to do." Jackson nodded and left. Well, I could have done this the easy way, but I think that plan was ruined the minute I hesitated from telling Venice who I really was.