Chapter 2

School, also known as hell, was finally finished for today. Thank god. I got out of the building and scanned the crowds of people for Spencer. Spencer usually drove me home since we live near each other. When I found Spencer I ran up to him.

"Ryan, I can't drive you home today."

"Why not?"

"I'm going on a date."

"But Spencer-"

"No."

"Spenceeeeeer please, my house is too far away and I don't want to walk that far" I whined.

"It's good exercise. Now goodbye" he said as he started to walk away.

"Spencer no, come back, please."

I groaned. Great, he was my ride, now I have to walk. I would ask Jon, but I don't trust him to drive. Last time he drove me home he crashed into a lamppost, but that was a year ago, I still don't trust him though. I don't want to die yet.

"Need a ride?" A familiar voice said.

I turned around to see Brendon.

"....uhhh....I-If that's okay with you."

"Of course it is."

"Thank you."

I smiled, and followed Brendon to his car. I sat down in the passenger seat. Why was Brendon being so nice to me? I decided not to think too much of it, I'd probably just get my hopes up anyway.

I fastened my seatbelt, and watched Brendon as he started the engine. He wore a lavender hoodie and a pair of jeans. He also wore pair of cute dorky red glasses, he looked adorable with them on.

The engine started and Brendon began to drive. Wait, what if he isn't a good driver? What if he's like Jon? What if he crashes the car? What if he's only giving me a ride because he's going to crash the car so he can kill me for Pete and Brent? I inhaled sharply whilst, I shook my head to try and get the thoughts out of my head.

"Want to get slushies?" Brendon asked.

".....what are they?"

"Wait you haven't had a slushy before?" He gasped, flabbergasted from my response.

I shook my head, only to get a shocked look from Brendon.

"Well we are going to get slushes, and I don't care if you say no because we're going anyway."

I nodded my head, as I turned my gaze to look out the window, and leaned my head against the window. I felt Brendon's hand brush against my leg for a brief moment, I looked down at his hand. Maybe he was bisexual at the very least. He still wouldn't date me though, he probably wants to keep up his reputation of being the popular hot guy who don't date losers like me. Also, what the fuck?!?!? Why did he just touch my leg? I liked his touch but he just acknowledged my existence today. I'm probably overthinking things, it was most likely just an accident.

The car then stopped at a petrol station. I unbuckled my seatbelt and we got out of the car. We walked into the petrol station.

"What flavour do you want?" He asked.

There was a machine with two colours of slushes, red and blue. I'm not sure what flavour they are, but I think I'll just go with the blue kind.

"The blue kind."

He poured a red slushy for himself and a blue slushy for me. We walk up to the till to pay for them.

"That would be £2.99."

I took the money out of my pockets.

"Ryan, I'll pay."

"No it's okay, I'll pay."

I handed the money to the person at the till. We then walked out. I started to play with my slush with my straw. I looked over at Brendon who already started drinking his. I took a quick drink of it. My mouth started to feel numb, and my forehead was in pain. It was as if I was having a headache. Why do people drink these?

Brendon laughed.

"Your not supposed to drink it that fast you dummy."

"I-it hurts so much, why didn't you tell me before?"

He shrugged. The pain was starting to calm down. After a few minutes I finally finished my slushy, shortly after Brendon finished his. Okay, the slushy actually tastes good.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, but my lips are really cold."

"I can fix that".

I gave him a confused look, and he only grinned. How would he be able to do that?

He moved his head closer to mine, our lips were nearly touching. My heart started pounding and my breathing went shaky. Brendon then broke the gap between our lips, as he pressed his onto mine. His lips felt so good against mine. However, the kiss didn't last long.

I looked down at the ground to try and hide my face, as my cheeks were blushing madly.

"Better?"

"Y-yeah" I say in astonishment.

Brendon, my crush just kissed me...am I sure I'm not dreaming? I pinched myself to double check, nope, not a dream. Wow, he just kissed me. Maybe there's hope that we might get together....no.

We then got back into Brendon's car. I was smiling over the fact that Brendon kissed me, whilst Brendon acted as if nothing happened. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he kissed people on a daily basis, regardless of who they are. The kiss probably didn't meant anything to Brendon and my hopes are just too high. Even if the kiss happened to not mean anything to Brendon it still meant everything to me.

After awhile we finally arrived at my house.

"Thank you" I said still kind of dazed from the kiss.

"No problem. If you ever need a ride again then here's my number, or y'know we could hang out."

Brendon got out a pen and a piece of paper from his pocket. He scribbled down his number on to the piece of paper before handing it to me. I got out of the car then waved goodbye before entering my house.

A/N:
I've never had a brain freeze, so I'm sorry if that's not what happens.

I hope you all have an amazing day, and thank you for reading.