Chapter 8

I stared out the window, waiting for Brendon to pick me up. I can drive, but I prefer getting Brendon or Spencer to drive me to school and back.

I heard my phone buzz, I picked it up.

Spencer: hey

Ryan: hi

Spencer: Linda and I kind of broke up

Ryan: why???

Spencer: because we decided we were moving too quick with our relationship, so we thought it was best to just be friends.

Ryan: Spence, I hope you're okay

Spencer: yeah, I'm fine

Ryan: well that's good I guess

Ryan: are you still coming to Jon's party or are you going to pass it?

Spencer: I'm still coming and so is Linda

Ryan: Well see ya

Well that relationship didn't last long, but at least they're still friends, they could of ended the relationship hating each other.

Brendon's car finally stopped in front of my house. I jumped up and ran downstairs, out the door as fast as I could to avoid my dad. I sat down in the front passenger seat.

"Hey."

"Do you want to get something to eat since we still have an hour till school" he asked.

"Sure" I beamed

He drove to this restaurant that was currently serving breakfast. We sat down at a table and waited for someone to take our order.

"What would you like?" The waiter asked.

"Me and boyf-"

Brendon then stopped himself.

"Best friend would like to have pancakes to share please."

I couldn't believe Brendon was about to call me his boyfriend, that made me blush and gave me hope that Brendon might want to be with me. Although, he did kind of just friend zoned me, which sucks. I mean we are something that's more than best friends because best friends don't make out, do they?

After awhile, I could smell the pancakes. The homey smell of frying butter reached my nostrils and assaulted my brain with mouthwatering images of fluffy, warm goodness. The waiter then came back with a plate with stacked pancakes, with syrup.

I thanked the waiter.

I cut the pancakes up. I scooped one piece and slide it into my mouth. I let the first bite sit there for a second, to savour the taste. The first flavor to unfold on my tongue was the sweetness of the syrup, quickly followed by the sweet buttery flavor of the pancake itself. I cut it up a bit more with my teeth, taking my time. When I swallowed, the piece of pancake left a warm, sweet trail down my throat, making me crave more.

Before we knew it, all that remained on our plate was dribbles of syrup.

The waiter came back with the bill. Brendon started to get his money out of his pocket until I stopped him.

"Don't, I'll pay."

"No it's okay."

"No, I will pay."

Before he could stop me, I gave the waiter money. We then went back to Brendon's car.

"Instead of going to school do you want to go watch a movie or something?"