Chapter 16

Today is Friday, not just any old boring Friday because tonight Brendon and I are going on a date. We hangout pretty much everyday but it's special tonight.

I put my jacket on and zipped it up, then I slid my gloves onto my hands. We're going ice skating, I've been ice skating before but Brendon hasn't. So this is a good opportunity to laugh at Brendon, but also to hold his hand.

I glanced at my phone to see that it was 7:40 pm, Brendon was supposed to be here half an hour ago. My patience was beginning to run out as I started tapping my foot against the floor. What if he forgot? Or he doesn't like me anymore? What if something bad has happened to him? It's probably just traffic or he lost track of time. I looked out of the window. There was no sight of Brendon.

Boredly, I leaned my chin on the window sill, as I rolled a pencil that I had picked up from my desk around my fingers. After about five minutes or so a car horn could be heard from outside. My head perked up to see Brendon's car. A smile appeared on my face.

I slowly opened the door, and took a quick look to see if my dad was around. He didn't appear to be here, so I happily ran outside to Brendon's car. I then opened the car door and fastened my seatbelt.

"hey ry."

"Hey Bren, What took you so long?"

"My little sister stole my car keys. I had to bribe her to get them back."

"What did you give her?"

"Chocolate."

I let out a small giggle, which was then followed by an 'aww' that came from Brendon's mouth.

"What?!?"

"It's just that your laugh is cute."

I rolled my eyes.

• • •

"How do I put these things on?" Brendon asked in confusion.

"You put them on like normal shoes."

I turned to face him. The ice skates were on the floor. His face was flushed red from the cold. I leaned over to him and put the ice skates on his feet and fastened them tightly on his feet.

Brendon looked at the ice skates then back up at me.

"So how do I do this?"

"It's easy after awhile, c'mon."

I stood up, then helped Brendon up. Together we walked to the ice rink, arm in arm. It was only the two of us here, that's pretty odd though, considering it's usually busy. I then let go of Brendon's hand and skated a bit. Of course Brendon immediately started slipping so he held onto the wall, whilst I gracefully glided across the ice.

"Try skate to me."

Brendon tried to come over to me but he ended up falling. I couldn't help but burst out into laughter. When Brendon tried to get back up, his feet began to shake and he fell once again, this time landing flat on his face, this only made me laugh even more.

"Fuck you Ryan."

He got up again, he kept slipping but not falling. I sighed then went over to Brendon and held my gloved hands out. Brendon's Nate hands quickly grabbed onto my hands. His hands were freezing. I started to skate backwards, whilst he skated forwards. He occasionally squeezed my hands.