1

"Really like the weather?"

Rainn's P.O.V.
(May 11, 1953)

"You never knew me! You never cared!" I screamed at the woman in front of me. Who happened to be my mother. "I did care! And you knew that! Don't pull that bullshit on me, little lady!" I flipped her off going to my room getting all the money I had and car keys and extra clothes. "And where are you going?" I turned around looking at her, "Anyway from the bitch herself." I stormed off getting into my car, which was a thunderbird. Best car in town.

I got the money for this beauty from street racing, that's what I'm known for, winning. I threw my stuff in the back of the car and speeding off creating dust from the rock driveway. I saw her in the corner of my eye, running down the driveway watching me drive away. I rolled my eyes. I was in the town Morresville, Ohio so I drove wherever the car took me, all I need was to get out of here. Get away from it all.

— 7 hours later —

I looked down from the road and looked at the dashboard, now seeing that I need to get gas. "Shit." I whispered to myself. I pull off of the highway, looking around for a gas station. I then saw in sight a little place called the DX. I sighed in relief and pull in. I pull in front of a pump and went inside. I first went to the back getting a root beer and a bag of chips. I then walk up to the front to the cashier.

I put my stuff down and look up at the guy, he gave me a small smile and rang me up. I smile back, "I also need 10 on," I pause looking at the pump number, "2, please." He nodded, "STEVE! PUT 10 ON PUMP 2!" He screamed to the back door. I heard someone get up and walk toward us, "Who owns that thunderbird?" He asked. I slyly smile, "That would be me." The guy behind the counter came to the front looking out the window. "That is one beauty. How did you get that?" I looked back at the car, "I drag race, little money here and there and then I got that."

"Wow." Steve walked out then started to put gas in my car. I looked back at the cashier. "Sodapop." "Hum?" I mumbled. "My name. It's Sodapop." I nodded, "Unique, I like it. I'm Rainn." "Really like the weather?" I chuckled, "Yeah like the weather."

"I've never seen you around. Are you new here?" I nodded, "Yeah, I just had to get away." "Away from what? If I may ask?" "Everything." He nodded, "Yeah, understand that." "Yeah." I mumbled looking down. Steve walked back in, "It's already for you." I nodded, "Thanks. I must find my destination of my adventure." I grab my soda and chips and walked out. I opened the door to my car and was about to get in when Sodapop came out. "Wait!" He yelled. I turned around, "Yeah?" "Since you ain't got a place to go, or a place to be, why don't you come over to my house? We can make dinner for you." I looked at him and then Steve behind him.

"Are you sure?" He nodded. "I don't want to be a trouble to your folks." He looked down, "Darry won't mind, we feed a lot of people, one more couldn't hurt." I nodded, "Uh, when do you guys get off?" He looked at the clock hanging outside of the DX, "About 5 minutes." "Do you guys need a ride home?" He looked at Steve, "If you don't mind." I smiled, "Not at all."

I pulled up to the front of the gas station to get out of the way of people that might come by. I turn on the radio, tapping on the wheel to the rhythm of the song playing. I take this time to look outside, I never took the time to see what was happening around me. All I do is try to pass whatever is passing by me.

I jump to the sound of the door opening. I look over seeing Soda getting in the front and Steve getting in the back. "I'll need you to guide me to your house." He nodded as I pulled out.

"So Rainn, tell us about yourself." I take a quick glance at Sodapop. "Your name is Rainn? Like the weather?" Steve asked resting against the seat that me and Sodapop sat on. "Yeah. My parents were very original. My sisters name was Princess." "Was?" I nodded, "Yeah, she died." "Oh I'm so sorry." I shrugged, "It's okay, shit happens. " "Yeah, I hear ya'," Sodapop grinned. "turn left here." I nodded, "So, what about you guys? What's trouble?"

I looked at Steve in my rear view and glances at Sodapop. "Uh, my dad kicks me out almost all the time." Steve comes forward. "My parents died a little less then a year ago." Sodapop said quietly. I touched his shoulder, "I'm sorry." He gave me a small smile, "Uh, it's up here on the right. The chain fence." I nodded pulling to the side.

We all got out going up to the house. I locked my car and followed behind them. Steve opened the door holding it for me. I looked up and saw 5 guys looking at me. I paused and Soda saw stepping in front of me, "Guys this is Rainn, she's new in town and needed a place to stay." He nodded walking back to the kitchen. I looked at the clock seeing it was close to 5. Man, I've been on the road for a long time.

A guy stood up, he wore a mickey mouse shirt with the sleeves cut off, "I'm Keith, but people call me Two-Bit." I smiled, "Hi." "Here sit down." He sat on the floor leaving me the seat on the couch. "Well, I'm Ponyboy, the younger brother of Soda and Darry is in the kitchen, he's the oldest of us. So what you doing in Tusla anyways?" "Getting away." I sighed. "From what?" "Everything." I chuckled. "Man you said the same thing as Sodapop." I looked around seeing a guy sitting in a chair just staring at me, "So what brings you here to Tulsa?" "Problems."

Steve nodded sitting next to me, "Yeah, you already know my problem and the Curtis'."

"I'm Johnny," A guy mumbled, "I just wanted to say that." I smirked, "You're cute." He blushed looking away.

"Yeah, everyone has problems, if we didn't, we wouldn't be normal." Pony added.

Two-bit smiled, "Well now you have to tell us."