14

"I, uh, I got a house for me and Johnny."

Rainn's P.O.V.
(May 22, 1953)

I turned my car on, pulling out turning to the first street. Then kept turning till I got to the main road. "Okay, it's 2842 48th street. Okay this is," I paused looking at the street passing by, "Ritter, okay, well shit."

— at the office —

I finally got to the office, like 2 hours later then what I wanted. I have never been more confused, ever, then trying to find this place. I walked in the front doors, heading to the front desk.

"You got an appointment?" They said with attitude. I looked down to them seeing it was a girl, "Yeah, I got one with Barbara House." "Name?" "Rainn Underwood." "Oh right, take a seat, she'll be with you in a moment." She stood up walking into some hallway. I looked around, the place was small for an office. The front door was parallel to the front door to the right was the bathrooms and drinking fountains, and to the left was the airing area, where I was. There was a grand window behind me showing the road and parking lot.

The lady came back out, "Down the hall, 4th door to your left." I nodded getting up, walking to the hallway where she pointed to. Counting the doors as I went by, I finally got to her office. I knocked, waited for her to say to come in, then entered.

"Hello, you must be Rainn." I nodded walking up to her, shaking her hand, "Yes, that would be me."
She smiled sitting back down in her chair, "The papers are right here, you just need to sign on the lines given." I nodded as she set the papers in front of me, "What do the paper mean?" "This your first time getting a house?" I nodded, "Yes ma'ma." "All it says is it's your house, you'll pay in time, and you'll keep the house looking descent." I nodded, "Now where do I sign?" She pointed to the empty lines on the bottom of the page.

I signed and gave them back to her. She gave me the keys, "Here you go. If you need anything, just call." I smiled, "Thank you again." I walked out, then to my car. I squealed, "I have a house! I have a house!" I sang, I pulled out heading back towards the Curtis'. Since the house was right behind them, I was going to go straight there and then walk back. I'll clean up the house through and look around again, before I go back.

— At house —

I smiled every second that I walked up to the house. This place is mine, all mine. I unlocked the front door, amazed at how the door opened, I started cheering once again. I walked in, seeing the same house that I fell in love with, only this time, it's mine.

There was a knock at the opened door and footsteps. I turned around seeing a guy walking in, "You know, I've lived next door to this house my whole life, just never seen the inside before." He looked around, than at me. He was tall, very tall. He had chocolate brown hair with blue eyes. His face was muscular, cheekbones right to the eye. His hair was slicked back, but still soft enough to mess with it. He smile was very pretty, even better with little dimples. He wore a baby blue shirt and blue jeans, with black converse.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"
"I'm Ben, I live to the right of you." He smiled, holding out his hand.
"I'm Rainn, the owner of this place, who now loves to the left of you." He chuckled. I locked hands with him.
"So you new in town?" We unlatched hands.
"Yeah, I guess you can say that. I've been staying over at a friends house."
"Ah, you must be friends with the Curtis'."
"How'd you know?" I crossed my arms.
"That's the only people around that have an open invite to their house. Good people, I went to school with Darry."
"Well nice, someone new." He chuckled.
"Well I better get going, I left my sister alone." He paused turning around, "It was nice meeting you Rainn."
"Yeah, it was nice meeting you too." 

He walked out, turning to go to his house. I walked back and closed the door. I went up stairs and saw a door that I didn't remember seeing, me being me, I opened it. Inside was a closet but built like a attic. I turned on the light, seeing a bunch of boxes. "What the hell?" I asked myself. If something was to be left in the house, I would have got told. I bent my head down and walked in. I went for the first box to my right, on the top was real dusty, I blew hard to get it off. When I opened my eyes, there was words appearing. "The Haunted Files." I heard.

I took my hands off and backed away, "Oh hell nah." I took a deep breath and reached over and popped open the box. Inside was files, they had, what I think to names, on it. I pulled one out, and opened it. On the left was a paper clipped picture of someone, then facts about them.

I put that box reaching for another box, this one I could read. "The Haunted Room Numbers." Well shit. I opened the box reached inside to pull out more papers. More things about this place, then I looked to see a picture. I pulled it out, putting it into the light, seeing it was a negative of this house. On the left side of the picture was a small people standing.

I got up, turned off the light and closed the door

I got up, turned off the light and closed the door. I walked back down the stairs and out of the house locking it behind me. Walking down the sidewalk, I raced back over to the Curtis'.

Seeing their house in sight was a relief to me. I stepped up, going to the front door and walking in. I looked around seeing Soda still on the couch. Pony and Two on the floor watching TV. Steve and Dally at the kitchen table, and Johnny was sitting in Darry's chair. Darry was in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"Hey Rainn." Steve said. I smiled, looking over at him, "Hey Steve." I walked over to him sitting down. "You'll never guess." He chuckled, "What?" "This girl just brought herself a house." He jumped up, "Really?" I nodded, "Yes I did. It's actually right behind here." "What is all the hollering about?" Johnny said walking in. Steve smiled looking over at me and soon everyone else was wondering the same thing. They walked in around me, but Soda.

"I, uh, I just bought a house for me and Johnny." I smirked. Johnny cheered running over to me, he hugged me, "Thank you Rainn. Oh my god, I have a house." I smiled standing up. "That's really great Rainn." Everyone said how they were happy for me and Johnny. But now they wanted to see the house, "How about we wait till I get things in the house? Speaking of which, I need to get somethings for the house, Darry can I borrow your truck for a few hours." "Yeah, keys are on the table." I nodded walking that way, getting the keys, then walking out.

I need to get a bed and bed frame for me and Johnny and pillows and blankets. So another adventure awaits.