12

"Do it for Johnny man, Do it for Johnny."

Rainn's P.O.V.
(May 16, 1953)

I sat in the drivers seat, Steve next to me and Soda in the back. Steve was once again telling us a stupid story about god knows what. The thing is, the Curtis' live like 2 blocks away from the DX, how could Steve get a whole story within 3 minutes, no one will ever know.

"Long story short, I banged her that night." I rolled my eyes laughing pulling into the DX. Steve was the first one out running to the door. Soda steered me in the garage. He helped buffing out the bumper and other things that I needed.

Later I stayed and hanged around with the boys. All we did today was joke around and had a good time, nothing really happened within the work day. Very few people came in or complained about there car. I sat on the counter, with my hands holding the side of the table top, staring out the windows of the store. Soda sat behind me on the stool and Steve at the end on the counter propping his head with his hands.

"So you ever going to get that house Rainn?" I turned my head focusing on Steve, "Trying to, it's hard to find a house around here with the money I got." He raised his head, "Well how much money ya' got?" I chuckled, "Enough to get by, I'll get a house soon enough, don't you worry about that."
"Maybe you can get a part time job here, like me and Steve."

I then glanced at Soda, "I know a whole lot about cars, I understand them like the back of my hand, but I ain't going to spend 8 hours a day here, when I could be doing something else. I mean no hard feelings about this place but ya know, I'd rather be doing something else."
"Well, like what?"
I shrugged, "Never thought about it. I make thousands within 2 days, 8 hours, never thought about doing something else."
Soda nodded, "If I was making thousands like you do, I'd be doing the same thing. I'd still be with Sandy and we would be getting married."
Steve rolled his eyes, smacking the back of Soda's head, "Get your head out of the gutter, Sandy didn't like what you had to offer, that blondie was a two timing bitch."

Soda rubbed his head, looking down, "Even if she was, I'd still be happy with what I had." I turned around crossing my legs on the other side of the counter, "Now you're just acting stupid Soda."
"Well thanks Rainn."
"Soda, this girl Sandy, which I've never met but have heard stories about, seems to me like a total bitch."
He stood up suddenly, "You guys didn't know her like I knew her, no one did. I don't care what you guys have to say about her, I love her."

He walked out the garage slamming the door. I look over at Steve, he shrugged. I jumped off the counter following his footsteps. I heard soft cry's outside of the garage. I walked out seeing Soda sitting on the ground. I could only see the top of his head. I sighed quietly sitting down next to him.

"Leave me alone Rainn."
I bent my knees rapping my arms around them, I didn't look directly at him but I could see him in the corner of my eye.
"Soda, you have to get over her."
He sniffed, but didn't say anything like he wanted me to continue.
"Soda, you know the gang is just looking after you, we all care about you."
"You don't understand Rainn."
"How don't I understand?"
"Have you ever been in love with somebody?"
I looked over at him, seeing him staring at me, I was hesitant.
"No, I haven't."
"Then you don't understand."
"Doesn't mean that I don't know what's best, for starters, getting over her."
"You act like that is as simple as how it is to say it."
"I know it ain't."
"No you don't."
"Soda, you are really starting to piss me off."
"Same to you."
"I'm just trying to help you."
"Help? Help! You've only been here what, a week, and you're acting like you have us all figured out! News flash Rainn, you don't know us! You can't just walk in our lives and do that!"
"Ya' know what? Fine. If that's how you want to play then fine." I slapped my legs standing up, "Don't think for a second that I will ever lay my eyes on you again, Sodapop Curtis."