Chapter 10: Battle

I know it's short but the rest will come out on Friday. This is just a Halloween gift I guess
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) watched earnestly as Akutagawa fought the weretiger. Apparently, this white-haired boy was worth billions in the black market and because of that, he was the sole target for the port mafia. She didn't care about that though, what she cared about was Akutagawa's well-being. He was beyond pissed at this guy and kept yelling something about a Dazai.

"Isn't that the guy who was in the dungeon?" muttered the woman, however she didn't get much time to dwell on it because her friend's body was suddenly rushing towards the sea. (Y/n) quickly jumped off of her perch where she accidentally landed next to the now unconscious weretiger.

"I swear you two are such idiots!" She yelled before sliding something into his pocket and diving off the side of the boat.

~~~~~~~~~

After she managed to get the noir back to the base, she frantically brought him to the nurse. What were hours seemed like days but finally his condition analysis came in and (y/n) found herself heartbroken.

"He may not regain consciousness." She heard from the other side of the bosses door during one of her late-night patrols. A bit curious about the situation, she peeked through the crack to see Higuchi standing before a very calm Ogai.  "But that's his punishment for failing his mission." his dark gaze went to the door, "Ahh (y/n), come here."

The aforementioned girl's body stiffened at the sudden command though she forced it into the room anyway.

"Yes, sir?"

"Akutagawa has trained you well."

"Than-"

"This means that he has done his job and you will no longer be rooming with him." The pedophilic man handed her a key. "You will be rooming on the other side of the base and your missions will now be separate."

"Wait, what?"

"You have a day to get out of that room." 

"But I'll never get to see him!" Ogai's devilish eyes shined with a dangerously amused glint.

"It seems you've forgotten your place." He grinned wrapping his arm around her waist. "Would you like me to remind you?" A frustrated grunt left (y/n)'s lips and she grabbed the key to her room.

"I remember, don't worry."