Chapter 27: The End

The next morning (y/n) woke up to a bare Akutagawa nuzzled deep in her chest. His mouth slightly hung open while his arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled but still pushed him off of her. His groan was immediately heard throughout the room as he snuggled up to her side.

"What was that for?"

"You were crushing me." The room fell quiet for a little longer until she rolled over to fully face her lover. "How do you feel?"

"I can't put it into words but it's not bad." The (h/c)-haired woman nodded.

"I feel the same way." Her face turned devious at the next words to leave her mouth. "Wanna try again and see if we can it figure it out this time?"

"Actually. I wanted to spend our only day off for the month doing something more productive." (Y/n) gave a small pout and got out of bed. Ryūnosuke followed her, leaning down to her ear once close enough. "But I'm glad I'm good enough, that you'd want to go again."

He effortlessly walked into the bathroom while she tried to slap away the blush on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The street lights barely showed through the heavy fog that hung in the air while the couple walked down the street. Since it was still early morning not many people were out yet making the city lie dormant.

"It's lovely isn't it?" (Y/n) stared up at the black-clad man.

"Yeah but nowhere is open yet. Where are we going?" He grunted as she began to climb a seemingly random building.

"Hey, I married you. You owe me at least this much."

"Whatever." The rest of the walk was engulfed in a peaceful silence until she pulled at Akutagawa's arm for him to stop.

"Now we have to wait."

"Just tell me what you want to show me."

"I'm sorry but as a hopeless romantic, I cannot bring myself to do such a thing." Almost as if on cue, the sun began to rise. Every building its rays touched became engulfed in a heavenly light making the city seem almost ethereal. "Ok, that's it."

"We've been here before. Why would you come again."

"That's like asking me why I still wear this." (Y/n) pulled out the simple gold necklace that he'd gotten her when they first met. It still shown with the same luster. "It's because it means something to me. Also, I thought it'd be a nice way to start our marriage and all that." Her voice trailed off in end. Much like himself, (Y/n) had yet to get used to having someone by her side. It was still weird to say 'I love you' in public and even weirder to know that you weren't going to be alone anymore. But it was a nice kind of weird.

"Ryūnosuke?" He looked at her expectantly. "I like living like this. Let's never stop."

The noir's eyes shined bright with glee as the happiest smile crossed his face. It was pure, that smile, and (y/n) couldn't help but return the gesture when his lips lovingly brushed against her cheek.

"I love you, (y/n)." He hummed pulling her close.

"And I, you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so it's done. I'd like to do a sequel for this but i probs won't because i like things just ending here. It's nice and simple.

I hope you guys enjoyed this book and thank you for your amazing support.