Chapter 19: Should I Really?

e
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well-" started Atsushi but before he could say much more the phone was snatched from him and a more sultry one filled (y/n)'s speaker.

"Hello." She flinched in disgust, lightly bumping into Akutagawa who seemed not to care in the least. Instead, he lay down on her lap and placed the hand that wasn't holding the phone on his head.

Understanding his request, she gently ran her hand through his hair, continuing with her conversation.

"What do you want?"

"Atsushi-kun said that he knew you."

"And?"

I wanted to see if it was true." The woman nearly crushed the phone in irritation but she stopped herself and continued listening to Dazai's infuriating taunts.

"If you have nothing more to say then give the phone back to its owner."

"Actually, why don't you and i-?"

"No."

"You didn't even let me finish." (Y/n) could hear pout in the man's voice and felt it slowly curl back into his normally mischievous smile. "Atsushi will be there~"

"Don't care."

"We'll go to the park too."

"I don't want to be anywhere near you."

"I'll keep my distance."

"Swear it."

"I swear I'll keep my distance." The gunwoman gave a supercilious smirk and agreed before hanging up. Seeing that she was done, the noir in her lap stretched out a bit more.

"Who was it?"

"Some idiot asking for a favor."

"Are you going to do it?"

"Yeah, so I should probably leave from now." Akutagawa's handsome grey eyes narrowed.

"No."

"What?"

"You can't leave, not today."

"Akut-"

"You've been stolen from me all day. I'm not letting it happen again." The two stood up to face each other, steely glares being shot between them.

"I have to go."

"No, you don't."

Akutagawa."

"Stay." Silence filled the air between them as (y/n) struggled between her emotions and logic. If she left there'd be so much that she could uncover from Dazai but was that worth the anger and pain that her lover would probably go through? Her stern (h/c) eyes went to the window beside them which showed the setting sun.

While part of her was surprised the other part was calculating the situation. Considering the time, he'd probably go to bed after she left, meaning that he'd be haunted by those dreams again. This idea easily decided her choice despite how hard it was for her to make.

"Fine. But you better not abandon me for something stupid." The noir didn't even hear the end of his companion's sentence too caught up in his happiness. 'She's going to stay. She's going to stay for me.'

In response to his excited state, Akutagawa's eyes shined in an obvious glee that made (y/n)'s face break put into a content smile. She'd made the right choice. "Now that I've stayed, what are you gonna do with me?"

"Come here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~