Chapter 26: Happiness

A year later Akutagawa found himself staring at (y/n) as she walked down the aisle that they had created with a few white chairs placed on either side of the red carpet. The 20 or so Port Members who had joined them to celebrate stood as they acknowledged her with either a smile or a respectful nod.

Chuuya, who had been appointed to walk her up, rolled his eyes at the gestures. But when it was finally time to hand her off, his grip got stiff.

"Chuuya?" (Y/n) questioned as Akutagawa simply stood there with an outstretched hand.

"Her crying in my sheets is not something I ever want to deal with again." Akutagawa got the message and nodded in acceptance of the condition. The short ginger let the lovely (h/c)-ette woman take her lover's hand and took his seat.

"You look nice." Akutagawa's voice was low in her ear.

"And so do you." She hummed savoring the sight of him in a suit. Mori shot the couple a devious smile and chuckled to himself.

"When I said that you weren't allowed to leave him, I didn't expect this." He hummed, taking out a piece of paper.

"And I never thought the devil would be the one wedding me, yet here we are." The conversation ended there and he began to read off the wedding script. All the while Akutagawa didn't dare look away from (y/n) afraid that this would turn out to be a dream. But it wasn't.

The wooden platform that they stood on was accented with black and white flowers as well as a beautiful woven arch that shined with beige Christmas lights. These glittered in (y/n)'s exotic (e/c) eyes while her floor-length dress reflected the caramel lighting of the candlelit grand hall.

"Your vows." Mori's authoritative voice brought Akutagawa from his thoughts and he sighed. Speaking openly about his emotions was already hard for him but with the addition of 20 people and the woman he loved, it was ten times the work.

"(Y/n), you are the most annoying woman I have ever met for countless reasons yet something about you calms me and takes away the very few fears that I have." His steel grey eyes narrowed at the crowd to further convince them of the last few words. He couldn't have them thinking he was weak after all. "Without stripping me of my strength, you soothe and take care of me in ways I could never take care of myself." He gave a heavy breath. "Now I want to be the one who you wake up to and have no regrets of marrying. I want to be the one who makes you smile with nothing but a touch. I want to be the one to comfort you when you have scarring dreams. I want to gift you with everything you do me but for the rest of our lives."

Mori and the rest of Port seemed genuinely shocked at the sincerity in his words. However (y/n) just stood there with a tender smile.

"May I go now?" Mori simply nodded at her.

"Ryunosuke, I was so miserable before I met you but as soon as I cleaned your  wounds during our first meeting, despite your awful temper, I was genuinely happy." Her hands tightened around his and she struggled not to melt at the tiny smile that adorned his pale face. "Yes you annoyed me and yes there were times where awful things were said between us however I could never stop being excited around you. At first, I thought it was just the teenage excitement of being acquainted with what some would call a 'bad boy' but now I know that it was our future that made me so excited." There was a long pause as she struggled not to get emotional.

"(Y/n)..." whispered the noir letting go of her right hand to touch her cheek.

"Laughter, comfort and just love itself are all things I want to provide you with. So if you'd let me, I'd be glad to spend my life with you."  The last words were a bit choked up but the message still got across. Her smile was bright as a few tears ran down both of their faces.

"Yumeno, give them the rings." The black and white haired child did as told, giving Akutagawa the sterling silver ring he'd gotten for (y/n). Slowly he slid it on her finger. She took his ring from yumeno grinning at the black and silver band. The engraving inside was nothing but their initials.

Once it was on his finger, their officiant could barely start the declaration of marriage before the oh so eager Akutagawa pulled his wife closer by the waist and pressed his lips against hers. The (h/c)-ette's kiss was just as passionate as she tangled her hands in his hair. Mori didn't bother correcting them and threw his papers aside.

"Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you for the first time Ryunosuke and (y/n) Akutagawa." The audience sighed in relief, happy to know that the black-haired Mafia dog would no longer be so rabid as long as (y/n) was in the room. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since they were both wanted criminals, no papers had to be signed and everyone was able to leave once the newlywed couple was gone. (Y/n) looked up at Akutagawa who held her close to his side.

"So what now?"

"I wanted to-" Just then both of their phones rang and they answered them.

"Hello?" They said in unison. 

"We're outside our room...ok." That was
Akutagawa's call. (Y/n)'s happened to be a lot more frantic.

"Thanks for the congratulations but I am not giving the phone to him. You're going to fill his head with some weird idea, I just know it...Don't whine like that because we both know you dont mean it...I hate you...You're not welcome." Akutagawa's silver eyes stared at (y/n) as she held the phone up to him. "It's for you." When he took the device Dazai automatically started to speak.

"Congratulations on the wedding!" The Noir froze. "I didnt think you two would actually go this far but I'm not upset about it. If anything I'm proud. Anyway, what are you two going to do now?"

"I...We were just going to bed."

"What?!" (Y/n) lost track of the conversation as she noticed the black figure approaching them. At first, she was wary but after meeting Gin's gaze she relaxed and gave her a respectful bow.

"The wedding was cute." Said the woman looking at her brother who was now off the phone. "I'm happy for you two." (Y/n) shuffled closer to him suddenly feeling shy.

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~

Akutagawa shut the door behind them when they came into their room. (Y/n) flopped onto the bed almost instantly and he followed landing not even an inch away from her.

She stared at him with gleeful eyes, resting her head on crossed arms. "Hi." She smiled.

"Hello." He replied. They stayed like this for a while until he rolled over onto his back and crossed his arms like a pillow.  "It feels weird having you call me Akutagawa now."

"Why?"

"Because now it's your name too." (Y/n) hummed at his response climbing atop him to straddle his waist. His expression didn't change. 

"Then how about I call you by your first name on a regular basis. It's a pretty name so I wouldn't mind either way."

"I like the idea."

"Then ryūnosuke it is." His eyes swirled with emotions as he savored the way his name slid off her tongue. It felt amazing. "Hey, are you ok?" (Y/n) slightly moved forward but the noir's hands grabbed her waist, pulling her back down.

"I'm fine. It just feels good hearing you call me like that." 'He's too obvious.' The young woman laughed to herself and pulled at his arm, telling him to sit up. His skin was hot to the touch.

"Imagine if the rest of the port knew just how precious you are."

"Don't call me that."

"But you are turned on aren't you?" Despite wanting to hide it, Akutagawa still answered the question honestly. "Then take me."

"Really?" A childish glint shined in his eyes as his grip on her waist tightened.

"Well isn't that what people do when they get married?"

"I don't know and I don't care." By now he was already sliding off his trench coat and shirt "Just take off your clothes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more chapter to go