Chapter 17: Possible Revenge?

I had really bad writer's block. I'm sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) stared at the spot where Dazai had stood, disgusted. She could see that he had a bad past but that didn't mean he had the right to just abandon his pupil. Akutagawa looked up to and practically worshipped this man so to leave him like that was like abandoning your child.

The young woman could only imagine the nightmares her lover experienced forcing her to shiver. 

"Why do I always run into the screwy people?"

"I know the feeling." Ogai sensually purred into her ear from behind. "Would you like to find out together?"

(Y/n)'s entire body stiffened but her eyes still darted around for any of the other Mafia members 'They left me?!'

"Lately I've been wanting to talk to you about something. So why don't we do so now?"

"Boss, Y-your close."

"I know."

"Why?" The pedophile seemed to get the hint and laughed at her presumption, pulling away in the process.

"I have no intentions of pursuing a relationship with you. You're..." His eyes briefly skimmed over her body. "Not my type."

"Then why am I still here?"

"Akutagawa has been quite unstable ever since I moved your rooms."

"When is he not unstable?"

"I wouldn't pull you aside for this if it were normal." The tone of Ogai's voice significantly lowered in warning towards the young woman.

"I'm sorry, boss."

"But ever since you disobeyed me and slept with him last night. Despite it only being a day, he's become more co-operable than ever."

"I don't think I understand?"

"He's not just attached to you, (y/n). There's something about you that calms him and I want to know just what that is. Care to tell me?"  At the brune's final statement, she let out a deep sigh in understanding.

"If you're implying that I have an ability, you're wrong. It's just that, unlike most of the people here, I fought his anger and treated him like a human that was actually cared for."

"So you've been dating." The question came out as more of a statement than anything else making (y/n) chuckle to herself.

"Believe me, Akutagawa isn't that easy. It was only this morning that we became an item." The brune that stood before her hummed in contemplation as he began to walk away.

"Well however long you've been together doesn't really matter. Just know that you aren't allowed to break up. I quite like him tranquil."

~~~~~~~~
When (y/n) finally got back to base, she was met with Akutagawa's warm embrace. His arms securely wrapped around her waist while his head buried itself in the crook of her neck.

"I missed you." He mummered in a matter of fact voice. She hesitantly responded, blushing when a kiss was sent to her soft (s/c) skin.

"I was only gone for an hour."

"I don't care. I just need you here." At this, flashes of Dazai's sickening nonchalant attitude went through the back of her mind making her teeth clench. 'I'll kill him.'