Chapter 25: Coming to a closing

And here we are at the second to last chapter. After I finish this book i don't think I'll be posting a new one for a while and will instead focus on my one shot book
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Francois had finally been defeated Atsushi found himself scurrying for the detonator while Akutagawa simply watched. In his eyes, that boy was more than a nuisance but the noir was too exhausted to fight and if he did manage to kill Atsushi, (y/n) would probably do her best to repay him in full.

Atsushi sighed in relief when the screen said climbing however not even a minute later the ship shook and began to descend once again. Akutagawa snatched the device out of his rival's hand, groaning when it stopped responding. 

They sprinted to the control room but even the database wouldn't respond. Atsushi anxiously stared down at the computer.

"It's no use." Sighed Herman from behind them. "Someone's taken control from the outside."

Just as they began to lose hope, Kyouka's voice echoed from the speaker and she explained that she could save them by sacrificing herself.

Akutagawa watched as the white-haired man screamed at her not to do it but in the end, they followed through with the plan and the Moby Dick crashed into the sea, the little girl still inside.

When they finally reached the ground, Atsushi was a mess. Kyouka had meant so much to him almost like family and now she was gone. Dazai and Fukuzawa watched for a bit before the former began to tell Atsushi about why things had to be the way they were. All the while Akutagawa only stood there, respect and envy written all over his pale features. 

"At the last moment, I used demon snow to cute through the chains and escape." Whispered a timid voice. "I'm back." The weretiger sprinted up to his newly revived friend, embracing her tightly. While this was sweet and all, Ryūnosuke had his own needs to be met.

"Dazai-san!" His only response was a turn of the head. "There's no one to stop me anymore. Please see my strength now."With every word, Dazai took a step towards his old subordinate.

"I dont know. You're at your limit now, aren't you? You just defeated the guild's leader after all."

"That's irrelevant. I am-" the brune smiled as he placed his hand on Akutagawa's shoulder like a proud father.

"You've become strong." When the mafia member hit the floor from shock, a small laugh was heard only a few feet away from the scene. Fukuzawa and Dazai looked over only to see (y/n) turning off the camera on her phone as she walked over. 

"That was cute. I'm glad I got to catch it on video."

"I didn't even notice you were there."

"I know. That was the point." Hummed the young woman, giving her brown-haired acquaintance a friendly hug. The gray-haired guild leader simply looked at her and she greeted him with a respectful bow. "I swear I'm not here to harm anyone. I just wanted to come and collect my boyfriend."

He nodded in understanding as she kneeled next to the fallen man and lightly tapped his cheek.

"You don't seem to like Mori very much."

"I dont. If anything I despise him but he pays well and being there lets me be with this murderous idiot." Akutagawa groaned at the mention of himself and began to sit up. His black and gray hair was messy in the orange sunset while little tear droplets still ran down his cheeks. "You are so happy aren't you?"

(Y/n)'s voice made him snap his head over to her with slightly widened gray orbs. "I told you I'd be back by nightfall. Why are you here?"

"Maybe because I missed you?"

"It hasn't even been a day since I left."

"I know but I have my reasons for missing you."

"But i..." Atsushi watched the lightly bickering couple with a smile.

"(Y/n)!" He called happily. When she met his gaze he came over for a hug only to be dragged to the ground by an angry black tendril.

"Don't touch her, weretiger. She's mine."

"Akutagawa, he's just a friend!"

"I don't care he was getting too close"

"He was more than a foot away."

"Exactly." Long story short, Atsushi got his hug and the young couple went back to base with their hands intertwined as they continued with their soft bantering.