Chapter 24: Battle

Before I get copyrighted  I'd like to point out that a good number of speaking lines came from the anime sub to make things more accurate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You fight for power and status, that's way more worthless!" Snarled Atsushi as he and Akutagawa rode an elevator to the roof of the Moby Dick where Francis awaited them. A little while before, they somehow ran into each other and Akutagawa ended up fighting with the young weretiger in a fit of jealousy.

"Take that back!" The noir wrapped a black tendril around his enemy's neck slamming him up against the wall. "I have power and status?" Atsushi couldn't even answer before he was flung at another wall and held up by the shirt. "I'll tell you why I called you disgusting. It's because you're a fool who continues to mope about old wounds despite having everything!"

"What? What did you say I am?"

"You're blessed with your gift. You're blessed with friends. With nothing but sheer luck and no effort, you're revered and praised by Dazai-san. You dont even understand how lucky you are. You dwell in your own tragedy. You're a disgusting fool." The white-haired man gasped as everything came together for him. Akutagawa wasn't trying to kill him just to be a pain in the ass, he was trying to kill him because he wanted to be noticed by Dazai! Atsushi wished he could say something but by the time he'd made the connection, they were on the roof.

Francis smiled to himself marching towards the two men as if they were his prey. "Enough of playing tag. In less than ten minutes the moby dick will enter an irreversible trajectory. At that point, not even this terminal will stop it from falling into the city. Only I will survive." The noir mafia dog didn't even flinch at this.

"If I beat someone as strong as you, will I no longer be weak?" 

"I'll guarantee it." Those were the last words to be spoken as Rashoumon wrapped itself around its wielder forming a dark red armor. Atsushi found himself in awe at the raw power before the sensuous emotion shifted into a disgusted rage.

"He considers himself weak yet he's so strong! He's preposterous."  Calling upon his inner tiger, the detective launched at Francis and pushed Akutagawa out of the way.  "Dazai-san my ass. You're worthless!"

"You're more worthless than I am!"

"No, you're-"

"This is amusing. You are very much alike." The arguing men snapped their gaze to the grinning American with nothing but a fiery fury. Yelling at him not to compare one another, they delivered a joint punch that sent the blonde flying. 

When he got up it was clear that he was no longer playing. Francis had gotten serious and now it was time for them to do the same. Agreeing on this, the two momentarily put their differences aside and fought viciously against the beast before them.