Chapter 13.

About two months have passed since the very damaging honeymoon, where we stayed for five days so yes there was a lot of broken things. We have been living in the house that was built for us, Aliseia was already comfortable here and so was I. I made sure that the house had many western things in it, for the love of our past lives. She was loving it and I loved seeing her in pure joy. I started to notice that she was acting differently, she was leaving the house at night on full moon nights. I was watching her as she went to a spot up the hill and gave her prayers and worship to her gods. She would pray and ask them questions, then I began noticing she was kissing the small shrine she had made. She had been doing this for a month, almost like her prayers were answered. When she was walking back, I was still watching that's when she had to stop and take a breath. She was only walking for ten minutes before stopping. She wasn't holding her chest to catch her breath, she was holding her stomach. That's when I suddenly felt it, someone else emotions coming off of Aliseia. That's when I went down to her, she looked at me in shock. 

"What's wrong my love?" I asked her as I came closer.

"I'm okay, just tired." I was kneeling in front of her, looking at her in concern before looking at her belly. "What is it, Jasper?" She asked looking scared by the way I was acting. 

"I don't know, I can feel someone else emotions inside of you. I don't understand because if you were carrying, we would know right?" I asked her, I've never been through this before. 

"I don't know, I've never been pregnant before, I haven't had a period in over a century so that wouldn't help." I looked at her and touched her belly not seeing it was only slightly bigger than it once was. 

"Let's get you home, we'll go to Carlisle tomorrow and get you checked out." She nodded her head, I helped her up and down the trail that has been made by her walking up and down so much. She leaned on me, I couldn't run her down. If she was pregnant then that might harm the baby. Once getting her home, I ran a bath for her and helped her get in. She was growing weaker, something was definitely happening and if it was a baby, could it bring her harm? 

 She was growing weaker, something was definitely happening and if it was a baby, could it bring her harm? 

After helping her get dressed, I got to bed. I kissed her head, touching her long white hair. She was more tired than earlier, what was happening to her? I kissed her again before watching her fall asleep. As soon as I knew it was safe to leave her I went to call Carlisle, we needed him here soon. I waited for him to answer as I paced around the bedroom watching her chest slowly go up and down. When he answered the phone he sounded sleepy.

"Jasper, what's wrong?" He asked me, I took a breath.

"I don't know, something is happening to Aliseia. We don't know if she's pregnant or if she's just sick but something is definitely happening. I don't know what to do, she is growing weaker, fast." I looked at her as she slept, she looked peaceful.

"Don't worry Jasper, I'll be up there soon. Unless you want her too sleep?" I looked at her sighing. "Okay, I'll come over first thing tomorrow morning. Do not worry Jasper, I'm sure from everything she's faced, this will be nothing." I nodded my head.

"Thank you, Carlisle. I'll see you tomorrow." We hung up the phones, I ran my fingers through my hair before getting undressed. I was only wearing boxers when I crawled into bed next to my mate. I'm almost 90% sure that she had to be pregnant, that's the only way to explain the emotions I was feeling. That or someone's messing with us. Please let my wife be alright and if it is a baby, I placed my hand on her belly. Being a father was something we always wanted.

The next morning, Carlisle came over during breakfast while Aliseia was cooking. I had told her that he was coming so she wanted to give him something for his travel. When he came in, he smiled at me and looked at Aliseia. He looked at her stomach to see what he could see, he took a breath. He asked Ali to laid on the couch so she did, I stood at the head of the couch where she laid, holding her hand as Carlisle lifted her shirt. Touching her stomach, pushing in and moving around. He stopped at a certain spot, he was confused a little then looked up. 

"I don't know how to explain it, there something there. I can feel something right there almost like a shell casing or armor. Whatever is there, your body could be protecting it. I would like to do some blood test to see if she might be pregnant and hopefully, figure out what that is." He stood up, I was more confused and concerned now than yesterday.

"Carlisle, what is happening to my wife?" I asked him with emotion behind my words.

"Honestly, I don't know. She could be pregnant and her powers are shielding it from any outside harm or there is something else happening. I don't know Jasper, I've never really dealt with a witch like her and from what Sonia has told me, she is powerful. Just try to keep her from harming herself and get plenty of sleep. I'll run blood tests to see what I find. Aliseia, if you are pregnant than this might cause your body harm. You've never been pregnant right?" She shook her head, squeezing my hand. "We'll figure out what's happening, I promise." Carlisle took some of her blood and left soon after, Aliseia and I sat in the living room taking in what we were told. She reached down and touched her belly, I saw her take a shaking breath.

"Jasper, I have to tell you something," my heart was already dropping. I took her hand and kneeled in front of her.

"Tell me, do you really know what's happening?" I asked her and her pained expression told the truth. "What's happening, my love?" She looked up while tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I was pregnant before when we were still humans. You were the father and everything but after I received that news, I felt alone and broken. I didn't know that I was pregnant, really I didn't know Jasper. When I made the deal, it did something to the baby. The infant didn't die, in fact, the power protected it from the large amount of power that I had gotten. I gave birth," my heart stopped hearing her, I was already a father and she a mother. I looked at her as tears fell, I kissed her hands while she took another breath. "It was a beautiful girl with your eyes, she was so much like you but she didn't last long. Just hours after breathing the outside air, she stopped breathing. I couldn't save her Jasper, I lost our daughter because of the pain I felt when I lost you. I'm so sorry Jasper," she was crying so much now, croaking on air. I pulled her down to the floor and hugged her tightly. We both lost our first child, the infant was human but her body couldn't handle the power that was shoved down her throat. All I could do is hold her, she has suffered more than anyone knew. She lost her daughter and I wasn't there to help her. "I'm scared Jasper to know if I am pregnant. What if I lost this one too, I can't go through that again."

I pulled her closer to me, kissing her head. I want to take away all the painful memories that she had, I wanted to take them all away from her. If only I could.

"Listen to me Aliseia, my love, my wife. You will never lose another child, we will never lose another child. I will be here to prevent it, I will never allow you to feel that pain again." I kissed her face before hugging her, we remained like that for many hours.

We were sleeping when the phone ranged, we something made our way to the bedroom and were laying on the bed. I groaned as I reached for the phone, answering it to hear Carlisle on the other end. He said one word that made me happy and worried at the same time. Positive. I think my heart kickstarted for a moment when I heard that, he said he wanted to do more test but I denied him. I told him that it was only going to be myself and Aliseia for this, I told him that he could tell everyone but we are not to be disturbed during the pregnancy. Though Carlisle didn't understand why he agreed anyway knowing it was something personal. I hung up the phone and looked at her sleeping face. Leaning down to kiss her belly, I rubbed my head against her skin. My baby was growing inside of her, my child. I knew the news was going to scare her and that is why I didn't want anyone here, I wanted it to be us. I laid beside her and let us both sleep.