Chapter 14: A Good Heart

The Next Day

Forever Fall Forest

Glynda: Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful, but we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peaches asked all of you to collect samples form the trees deep inside this forest. And I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so.

Today, Professor Goodwitch led a small class of students into the nearby Forest of Forever Fall. Many of the students were mystified by the forest's beautiful crimson color as they followed behind the professor.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at four o'clock. Have fun!

(Y/N): I have a question.

Glynda: Yes?

(Y/N): Why do they call this place the "Forest of Forever Fall"?

Glynda: ...

There was a brief silence as all the students looked at Y/N and then at the red leaves on the trees, strangely a tumbled weed bounced by.

 Moments later Yang lifted her fist and decked Y/N in the back of the head, causing him to comically fall to the ground.

SMACK

(Y/N): Ow.

Glynda: Any other questions?

When the students didn't have any further questions, Professor Goodwitch sent them to fulfill their tasks. After watching the other students leave, Glynda helped Y/N to his feet.

Glynda: Do you have everything Mr. L/N?

(Y/N): *sigh* Yes ma'am -_-

Glynda: Excellent. Seeing as how you don't have a team yourself, you will stick next to me as you complete your task here.

(Y/N): Okay...

Y/N glanced in the directions where teams RWBY and JNPR left to before grabbing the jar that was given to him. 

After a moment of walking in complete silence, Glynda spoke up.

Glynda: The Forest of Forever Fall's name comes from the obvious color of the trees. Whose color is fixed at this crimson red all year round, regardless of season.

Y/N looked at the leaves.

(Y/N): So that's why it's called "Forever Fall", huh? Were there any other names that this forest had?

Glynda: Well, calling it the "Forest of Blood" or the "Crimson Forest" isn't as appealing to a wider market.

(Y/N): Oh... wait, what?

Glynda: Keep up, I need to watch you as well as the other students as they continue their assignments.

_____

_____

As the day went on, the students began to fill the jars that they received. With little to no Grimm activity in the area, some of the students even began to explore the forest.

Ren: Okay, done.

Ren tightened the lid on his jar, now filled with red sap, and handed it to Nora.

Pyrrha: That should be the last one we need.

Jaune: What should we do now?

Pyrrha glanced at her Scroll to see the time.

Pyrrha: It's only 1:00pm so I guess we can explore the forest to kill time.