Chapter 38: The Great Escape

Beacon Academy

Ruby dashed through the crowds of teachers and students at blinding speeds, her mind filled with the exciting news she was going to tell her friends.

Haven Student: Hey watch it!

Ruby: Sorry!

Because of the Vytal Festival the school grounds were packed with more than just the students of Beacon. Eventually Ruby managed to find her teammates sitting around a table.

Ruby: Guys!

Yang: Ruby!

Ruby quickly ran to her friends.

Ruby: Guys! You won't believe what I found out! I-... wait... have you guys just been sitting here this whole time?

Weiss and Yang: Uhhh....

Sweat started to drip down their heads as they tried to come up with an excuse.

Yang: Well... we would have helped if Blake hadn't kept us from leaving!

The three of them looked at Blake who was face down in a bowl of tuna, unmoving.

Blake: *Seafood Overload*

Ruby: Is she breathing?

Yang: So, my dear sister! What was that thing you wanted to tell us?

Ruby: Riiight... so, I just found out that Y/N is alive!

Yang: Really!?

Weiss: That's great news, Ruby!

Ruby: Yeah! I found out that there was another one of those weird explosions, which means that Y/N must not be far!

Weiss: I'm still skeptical about being excited about one of those 'explosions'.

Yang lightly elbowed Weiss.

Yang: Stop being so cold 'Ice Queen' you miss him too.

Weiss turned away in a pout.

Weiss: Well, I miss the breakfasts he used to make.

Yang rolled her eyes.

Yang: How did you find out?

Ruby took the open chair and sat down.

Ruby: Penny told me!

Weiss: I get that Penny is from Atlas, but how did she obtain that kind of information.

Yang smirked at her younger sister.

Yang: She probably cares about her 'boyfriend'.

Ruby: S-shut up!

Ruby had a slight blush on her face when she shouted at her older sister.

Weiss: You two are so immature. So, where is he?

Ruby: Oh! he's... uhhh...

Yang: Ruby, you did ask where it happened, didn't you?

Ruby: O-of course I did! What kind of dummy do you take me for?

Weiss stared blankly at her leader.

Weiss: Do you really want us to answer that?

Ruby: Okay fine, I completely forgot to ask. Let's go find Penny and ask her before she leaves!

Ruby instantly stood back up.

Yang: Penny is leaving?

Ruby: Yeah, her team is withdrawing from the tournament.