Chapter 30: Be Our Guest

Salem's Castle

(Y/N): How do you tell what time of day it is here?

Y/N continued to gaze at the sinister landscape, trying to determine where he was.

(Y/N): Certainly isn't the strangest place I've been to...

A moment later Y/N heard a knock on the door to his room.

(Y/N): Wonder who that could be...

Y/N walked to the door and pulled the door open.

On the other side of the door stood a tall, muscular, middle-aged man. He had short brown hair and a well maintained beard. He wore a green coat with rolled up sleeves, and a black shirt and pants. His size and presence could intimidate even battle hardened soldiers.

The man shifted his eyes downward to meet their guest.

(Y/N): ._.

Large Man: (F/N) (L/N)?

(Y/N): Uh... yeah?

Hazel: My name is Hazel, and I can assume you have a lot of questions?

(Y/N): ...Lots...

Hazel: Then come with me, there's someone you need to meet.

Hazel turned and started to walk down the hall.

(Y/N): I don't know...

Y/N peeked out of his room and down the hall Hazel started walking down.

(Y/N): ...I'm not entirely sure if it's a good idea for an underage teen to follow a complete stranger.

Hazel glanced back.

Hazel: Kid, you woke up in a dark and eerie castle after being systemically sedated. Following me can't possibly make things worse.

(Y/N): You say that, but this isn't the first time this exact thing happened to me...

Hazel: You have something else you should be doing?

(Y/N): ...Right...

Y/N quickly caught up to Hazel and started following him through the large castle.

The halls, like his room, were lit by candles, the strange purple crystal, and whatever moonlight shone in from the windows. From what Y/N could tell, there were no electric lights at all throughout the structure.

(Y/N): This place is really spooky.

Hazel: You get used to it.

(Y/N): I assumed that Atlas would be more... I dunno... white and sleek?

Hazel stopped and looked at Y/N.

Hazel: This... isn't Atlas, kid.

(Y/N): ...it isn't?

Hazel: Do I look like an Atlas soldier?

(Y/N): I mean...

Y/N looked Hazel up and down.

(Y/N): ...you're... really tall?

Hazel sighed and shook his head.

Hazel: Just follow me.

(Y/N): ...Is the castle haunted?

Hazel: Ugh....

Hazel--now regretting volunteering for this--led Y/N toward their destination.

_____

_____

The massive wooden double doors slowly creaked open revealing a large meeting room. Large cathedral like windows surrounded the entire room, allowing those inside a panoramic view of the dark landscape. Like the rest of the castle, the enormous room was mostly lit by the outside light, candles, and the familiar--ominously glowing--purple crystals.