Edreubmodl's Yrma

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Percy accidently gets invited to join Dumbledore's Army. A new discovery prompts Nico to renegotiate Annabeth's plans for the quest.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing
Word Count: 4200

And all the characters are owned by J.K. Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

____________________PERCY____________________

The morning started off with a bang--this time, not literally. When Percy walked into the common room before breakfast, Fred and George pulled him towards the announcements board. Both the twins exchanged a look after they read it, then glanced at Percy, and hid their expressions.

"What is it?" Percy asked.

"The notice," George answered. "Here, I'll read it. 'All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.'"

There was definitely something off-putting in George's voice that time. "You okay, man?" Percy inquired, watching for some kind of reaction from the twins. "You seem kind of worried about something."

"He's fine," Fred replied quickly. "Come on, let's go to breakfast."

The entire walk down, the twins carried a silent conversation. Percy did his best to figure out what was going on, but they let nothing slip. The second they entered the Great Hall, the twins zoned in on Harry Potter.

"Be right back," Fred told Percy, then rushed over to Harry with George. Curious, Percy followed. A small but growing group crowded Harry and his friends now, all with similarly worried expressions. He sat down close enough to them to eavesdrop, then loaded his plate with food to appear busy.

"Did you see it?"

"D'you reckon she knows?"

"What are we going to do?"

They all stared at Harry, identifying him as their leader. He silenced them, then swept his eyes around the Great Hall. Percy lowered his eyes to his plate and busied himself with cutting his eggs.

"We're going to do it anyway, of course," Harry whispered.

Do what?

"Knew you'd say that," George said.

"The prefects as well?" Fred asked.

"Of course," Hermione replied.

The prefects are doing what? What's going on?

"Here comes Ernie and Hannah Abbott." Ron glanced over his shoulder. "And those Ravenclaw blokes and Smith... and no one looks very spotty."

Spotty?

"Never mind spots, the idiots can't come over here now, it'll look really suspicious--sit down!" Hermione commanded to the approaching students. "Later! We'll. Talk. To. You. Later!"

"I'll tell Michael," Ginny said impatiently. "The fool, honestly..."

Fred and George left as the crowd dispersed, and sat next to Percy. "I'm starving," George announced, filling his plate with various pastries.